OS X 10.8.1 is Live!

Soldato
Apple today released OS X 10.8.1, the first maintenance update to OS X Mountain Lion. The update is available directly from Apple's site or via the Software Update mechanism that directs users to the Mac App Store for updates.
This update includes general operating system fixes that improve the stability and compatibility of your Mac, including fixes that:

- Resolve an issue that may cause Migration Assistant to unexpectedly quit
- Improve compatibility when connecting to a Microsoft Exchange server in Mail
- Address an issue playing audio through a Thunderbolt display
- Resolve an issue that could prevent iMessages from being sent
- Address an issue that could cause the system to become unresponsive when using Pinyin input
- Resolve an issue when connecting to SMB servers with long names
- Address a issue that may prevent Safari from launching when using a Proxy Automatic Configuration (PAC) file
- Improve 802.1X authentication with Active Directory credentials.
OS X 10.8.1 is a relatively small update at just 24.2 MB, with Apple pushing out a handful of high-priority fixes for issues discovered in the initial public release of OS X Mountain Lion.

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/08/23...ation-assistant-exchange-and-imessage-issues/

Soldato
OP
photowxh.jpg

New update screen is pretty nice!

Soldato
OP
I'm hoping more with the 700 odd meg .2 update. Hoping it updates graphics drivers and performance.

One can hope for some more OpenGL certification...Maybe 10.8.4 for that... :(

Associate
As someone suffering from the thunderbolt display audio issue, I'm ecstatic about this. Seems OK so far, but can take a while to show so there's my excuse for sitting in front of the computer for several hours at the weekend :D

Soldato
downloaded this on my MBPr last night - only took around 5 minutes to install and there is a major improvement to battery life. Normally at 100% charge my Macbook would show around 6 hours charge, looked at it straight after the update and at 97% charge it was showing over 9 hours!

Back
Top Bottom