Android Podcast App

Associate
Can someone recommend a podcast app for Android, Google Listen is driving me up the wall with failed downloads and now it's been merged with Google Reader I'd rather have a standalone app.

Associate
Been using 'BeyondPod' myself. Does the job OK and worth a look. I seem to recall it's not free though not expensive in the scheme of things.

Associate
I used to acast (more complex UI), and more recently I've been trying Podkicker (light weight features). I think both are worth considering.

Caporegime
I use doubletwist media player. it is AMAZING really, give it a try, i cant remember if it is free or not, but even if not, it is worth every penny! a truly awesome app :p covers everything media related, podcasts, internet radio, your stored media and even links up to your PC and has airplay features and such. The interface is also fantastic.

Associate
BeyondPod is brilliant, set it up and forget it, downloads new podcasts, deletes them when you have listened to them , does smart play lists. Exacly what i want from a podcast player.

Soldato
doubletwist does everything all the other mentioned apps do, and more :rolleyes:

Well I can tell you right away one thing Doubletwist doesn't do that I require. I subscribe to some podcasts that require usernames/passwords and Doubletwist doesn't support premium podcast feeds like that. Doggcatcher and Beyondpod do.

Back
Top Bottom