Struggling with refresh rates - XBMCBuntu & Nvidia

Soldato
After creating a HTPC for my parents, I decided to take off Windows 7 as most the problems they were getting were rooted back to the OS. Focus being stolen, etc etc.

Aaaanyways. I decided to install XBMCBuntu as it seemed the obviously solution, For the most part it is. I have all my hard drives mounted, all my TV Shows and Movies shared, after some messing around with the sound drivers and options that also works.

The only problem I am having is the Nvidia drivers, They arents giving me the full range of resolutions and refresh rates that I know are available on my card.

Nvidia 9400.

I get 320 by 240 and 640 by 480, but thats not the worst part. The 60hz refresh rate gives off a sickening onscreen flicker. After some trouble shooting tonight, I feel sick!

Is there a way to force resolutions and refresh rates, via the xorg.conf file? I've looked at it, but don't want to alter anything without knowing what to change lol.

Under windows the card gave support upto 1024 by 768 over VGA, and several alternative refresh rates.

I've tried sudo apt-get install nvidia-recent and I'm told its upto date btw

Thanks for any help :)

Soldato
OP
Late response but the xrandr solved my issue. :) 1024 by 768, much nicer to look at.

Now just need to sort out waking the system from standby when it receives a signal over USB. I've got a guide already so once thats done, It's all sorted :D

Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom