Who here owns a Fiesta ST?

Soldato
OP
Shaun the going rate is £100 as you have to tilt the engine for a easy fit. It is possible to do it with out tilting but it is a proper ball ache.

If you want i can do some asking about and see how much it will cost?

Soldato
The group buy on STOC doesn't even seem that cheap, I'm hoping to get it in the next month or so though. Rybo I'll message you when I'm looking to buy it :)

Couple of pics from the FST.co.uk meet last week, had a lovely C63 AMG join us too :)
DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

DSC_0091.jpg

DSC_0072.jpg

Associate
The group buy on STOC doesn't even seem that cheap, I'm hoping to get it in the next month or so though. Rybo I'll message you when I'm looking to buy it :)

Couple of pics from the FST.co.uk meet last week, had a lovely C63 AMG join us too :)
DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

DSC_0091.jpg

DSC_0072.jpg

Im not impressed with the group buy price either really I was expecting it to be around the £280 mark including delivery. Then there are folks waffling on about the price ex VAT which is irrelevant really when we have to pay VAT.

Nice pics by the way :)

maj

maj

Soldato
Since I'll hopefully have my manifold on soon, I was wondering how much a milltek flexi would sell for 2nd hand? I'm thinking £80-90? Only had it fitted since around April time and car has only done 31k.

Soldato
Seen a really nicely modified MK6 zetec s yesterday, was nicely lowered and seemed to have a nice exhaust noise. Which got me thinking....

I always toy with the idea of changing cars, primarily to unlock some funds, and secondly to reduce my running costs. I've always been a larger car fan, however smaller cars offer advantages such as; smaller wheels = cheaper tyres, less weight = better mpg, light and agile = better handling.

The downfall being there isn't much of a cabin to them, less gadgets and more road noise.

So... what does the MK6 ST offer over the MK6 zetec s? I would imagine the Zetec S being better on fuel, lighter so more agile, I also prefer the wheels on them over the bigger ST wheels. Also could the 1.6 engine be tuned to deliver near results to a standard ST?

What extras do you get on the ST over the Zetec S that are worth shouting about? Ipod connectivity? better dash? better brakes and suspension set up? And is it worth the drop in MPG, higher insurance and slightly higher running costs over the zetec S?

Soldato
Seen a really nicely modified MK6 zetec s yesterday, was nicely lowered and seemed to have a nice exhaust noise. Which got me thinking....

I always toy with the idea of changing cars, primarily to unlock some funds, and secondly to reduce my running costs. I've always been a larger car fan, however smaller cars offer advantages such as; smaller wheels = cheaper tyres, less weight = better mpg, light and agile = better handling.

The downfall being there isn't much of a cabin to them, less gadgets and more road noise.

So... what does the MK6 ST offer over the MK6 zetec s? I would imagine the Zetec S being better on fuel, lighter so more agile, I also prefer the wheels on them over the bigger ST wheels. Also could the 1.6 engine be tuned to deliver near results to a standard ST?

What extras do you get on the ST over the Zetec S that are worth shouting about? Ipod connectivity? better dash? better brakes and suspension set up? And is it worth the drop in MPG, higher insurance and slightly higher running costs over the zetec S?

didn't you own an ST? Surely you would know the answer to this.

Caporegime

Why didn't you buy a Focus Zetec-S instead of an ST - there's your answer.

Soldato

I think the Mk6 ZS petrol is a bit of a dog and won't get anywhere near ST territory. The diesel one is probably better if you intend on modding it as they can get some uber torks.

I think if you got a full leather ZS with the sony headunit then you'd have it as good as you could get it to be honest.

Soldato
Same car really. Some people prefer the ZS cause the engine is lighter but obviously you don't have the extra umph of the ST.

ST tuning is a lot better than the ZS,potential to hit the 250+ mark quite easily if you have the money.

If I had to choose again it would either be a diesel ZS or a ST again.

Soldato
Same car really. Some people prefer the ZS cause the engine is lighter but obviously you don't have the extra umph of the ST.

ST tuning is a lot better than the ZS,potential to hit the 250+ mark quite easily if you have the money.

If I had to choose again it would either be a diesel ZS or a ST again.

This, the petrol Zetec S won't get close to the ST even with mods.

I wouldn't even consider the diesel version either, my dad had one and it was gutless even with a remap, the gear ratios were all wrong, you could hear it laboring at 30-35mph in 5th. Needless to say he's now got an ST after driving mine.

Associate
tbh the gear ratios for the ST are pap too, first gear could be longer as well as 5th gear.

Out of interest what's the 5th gear ratio for the ST?

Tbh, the whole IB5 gearbox is awful in the ST. Mine never goes into reverse properly and 3 can be a pig to select. Other than that, couldn't be happier with my Fezza!

Soldato
It's not perfect, but it's not too bad. The IB5 box doesn't have a synchro on reverse, so I shift to third then into reverse and it goes straight in. 5th could do with being longer though. Don't have any problem with 3rd on mine? :/

1st 3.583
2nd 2.038
3rd 1.414
4th 1.108
5th 0.878

Soldato
Think Overlag may have one or he made his own?

I've always found in every fiesta that i'd have to be totally stationary to even try to get into reverse. Then once still, let out the clutch a little bit while moving the gear into reverse and it falls right in. Most embarrassing noise when you get it wrong...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom