Question regarding "Titan 8700i Pulse"

Associate
Hello everyone
I got my new rig delivered to me 2 days ago(rig is on title) but its only now that i was setting up. My problem is when i turn on the machine it seems that my monitor is not communicating with it as it's coming up with a message saying NO INPUT,NO SIGNAL. I thought my old monitor is kaputs so i bought a new monitor. With the new monitor plug in it's still coming up with the same message "NO SIGNAL". The rig itself powers up fans/dvd etc all working but no input on the monitor.System support is closed for the weekend so i thought i write something here hoping someone in the community will help me.
My rig is a titan 8700i pulse changed the case to CM storm trooper.

Many thanks in advance and apologies for being a noobie:D

RJC

RJC

Don
Hello and welcome to the forum :)

It sounds like the Overclock has thrown a wobbler, you will need to reset the CMOS by removing the battery (mains disconnected) or move the clear CMOS jumper, the manual will show the position of the jumper.

Hopefully this will get you booted and pop back into to the BIOS and load the saved Overclocked Profile.

Associate
OP
i took the battery out as this seems the easiest for me, 20 minutes later i reinserted it back and powered the machine but still no monitor activity:mad:ill take out the battery again overnight and try it tommorow.

OcUK Staff
Are you plugging the monitor straight into the motherboard or are you connecting it to the graphics card?

You will want it to be plugged into the graphics card which is located further down and the ports will be horizontal.

Associate
OP
i have plugged in straight to the Motherboard, i'll try to connect it on the graphics card when i get back to work. I'll let you know how it goes, thanks.

Associate
OP
OhlawII it worked :) i plugged into the graphics card and i got a boot, thanks for all the suggestions guys much appreciated...Now let me enjoy this machine ^_^

Associate
OP
i had to reload the saved OC setting with help of the tech support. I got a really newbie question, my machine is overclocked at 4.4 does this mean that everytime i turn it on its automatically on 4.4?

Soldato
i had to reload the saved OC setting with help of the tech support. I got a really newbie question, my machine is overclocked at 4.4 does this mean that everytime i turn it on its automatically on 4.4?

Yes, I'd imagine the overclock profile loads everytime on system boot.

Soldato

No. Intel speedstep ensures your cpu only runs at 4.4Ghz, when certain applications require it to. The rest of the time the cpu will run at lower speeds.

Soldato
Are you plugging the monitor straight into the motherboard or are you connecting it to the graphics card?

You will want it to be plugged into the graphics card which is located further down and the ports will be horizontal.

This is what I thought straight away.

Yes it does, sometimes systems need the overclock reloaded, usually happens after transit no idea why but once it has been loaded it will stay at 4.4GHz.

Remember speedstep is enabled so it won't be a constant 4.4GHz, more like 4.4GHz when the CPU is under full load which is when you need the extra core speed.

Associate
OP
thanks for all the help guys, its working fine and im enjoying the rig.

I got one question to ask i want to change the Top 200mm fan of my case as its very loud, is there a link somewhere in the forum on a step by step guide on how to change it.
i searched youtube but cant find one, thanks again.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom