Paid Clinical trial, have you ever?

Soldato
Worth remembering, if a clinical trial is paying a lot of money it's because there's a significant risk involved, if there wasn't they could easily find participants.

And even legit drugs on the market today ALL involve an element of risk. You could have serious complications with any drug, you don't know until you take it.

Caporegime
Worth remembering, if a clinical trial is paying a lot of money it's because there's a significant risk involved, if there wasn't they could easily find participants.

And even legit drugs on the market today ALL involve an element of risk. You could have serious complications with any drug, you don't know until you take it.

Companies aren't allowed to pay based on risk.

Soldato
I have done quite a few medical trials now and earned quite a bit of money from it! I actually enjoy doing them, its easier than my job and you just spend all day watching movies or playing poker, pool and computer games!

I found out about them and who to contact about them through this website if anyone is interested...

Spam link removed.

One post on the forum and you necro a thread from half a year ago to advertise who you no doubt work for. Do you get commission for people who sign up to the trial with the actual companies that do them - just out of interest and if so what % do you get or is it a set amount.

In fact I've been here for 3 years now and that's the first post I've reported. Blatant advertising and for something you really shouldn't be.

Last edited:
Caporegime
One post on the forum and you necro a thread from half a year ago to advertise who you no doubt work for. Do you get commission for people who sign up to the trial with the actual companies that do them - just out of interest and if so what % do you get or is it a set amount.

In fact I've been here for 3 years now and that's the first post I've reported. Blatant advertising and for something you really shouldn't be.

I RTM'd it too. Blatent advertising as you say.

Soldato
I'm debating one for smoking cessation when I give up at the end of this month.
Depending on how much they pay, it's just to test the effectiveness of a drug already on the market vs a placebo, so pretty much win win.

Only thing I am wondering is if it will effect my performance with my training regime, if I cant work out for an hour or so every day I'll give it a miss and go on the patches.

Commissario
A friend of mine did 'flu camp' a couple of years ago. He was paid £200 a day and was there for 10 days. He didn't react much to it at all, had to have 2 or 3 blood tests a day, had regular meals and plenty of entertainment but wasn't allowed to leave. He had a shared room but his other room mate had to leave and go to hospital because he reacted too badly!

Associate
be paid to become spider man, win win surely ? :D

I have thought about doing this myself but I dont like the thought of being a lab rat even though what you will be given has already been tested in someway just not on humans im guessing.

It would be good for the enemployed as you dont have to worry about time off work or sick days if things go wrong but It would be abit awkward to do around work in some cases, One i had looked at required you to be free for 7 days and monitored .

int

int

Soldato
What are the details? How long, what drug e.t.c

I did a trial a couple of year back with an already approved drug, but the tests were for a different purpose than it's approved use. £400 for a week :)

@WHAT!!! All drugs being used in human clinical trial would have already been tested on animals to get an idea of the lethal dose and a fairly good understanding of what it will do, however there's always the risk that this doesn't translate well to human patients. That being said, the main reason drugs fail a human clinical trial is due to lack of any real efficacy, not due to horrible side effect / death :p

int

int

Soldato
I must admit I did consider doing this in my youth, but never went as far as to do it.

However after this incident a while back : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TGN1412

I wouldn't personally, now.

I haven't read through the whole article but I remember at the time I think it had already been tested on animals without problems.

There were rumours that it had previously been rejected for human trials in Germany and they got approval in the UK instead. I'll see if I can dig up the information on it, there was definitely something shady going on.

Soldato
I'll be honest with you. I was once tempted, the one I got offered was for £2000. And once you did that one, you could move onto other trials that paid even more!

Seemed like a good way to earn a living...

But I decided to get a job instead.

Although, I already have male pattern baldness...what was the worst that could happen?

Associate
OP
I have considered this before. I made a thread awhile back about it.

Its seems that the money (and risk) varies with what stage the drugs are at. eg if there pretty much ready for release you'll get paid a lot less.

theres a lot of travelling for some of these. Often theres a weeks trialling in a controlled environment then you would have to go back twice a week at a time for a day depending .

Another thing to consider is your weight. They wont take you on if your BMI is high. Mines far too high atm lol

Soldato
I considered this during the summer of second year, bottled it when I found out there was a big time limit between trails so I couldn't earn enough to make it worth while.

Back
Top Bottom