What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Triangle - 6/10

Strange film with an odd pace. The film is deliberately left open ended which I thought was an easy way out for the writers. Without giving away the plot there are two or three ways of interpreting the film which makes it feel like it was neither here nor there.
Worth a watch but don't expect too much.

I liked the concept of this movie, but there was one thing I just couldn't get my head around... The main character was just TOO accepting of all the weird shiz that was happening to her.

Like, "Oh I seem to be in a horror scenario that will keep replaying itself until I work out how to act accordingly to escape". "No probs, I guess I'll just crack on with that then".

Whereas most people would be like "WAIT... WHAT THE ACTUAL **** IS GOING ON HERE?????????????".

Last edited:
Soldato
Well out of all the places I did finally watch the Avengers, on a plane back to the UK! Good film indeed but not something I'd watch again which has been the same for me with any of the superhero films.

Soldato
Total Recall - 7/10
Make sure you don't try and compare it to the Arnie version and more to the book.

Equilibrium -7/10
Fantastic premise, pulled off very well. Christian Bale was a brilliant cast, as was good 'ol Sean Bean.

Soldato
Flightplan - 5/10 obvious from the start who the baddy was but watchable

The Descent - 6/10 good slice of cliche horror with the feeling of claustrophobia being well presented.

Star Was 1,2,3 - 6/10 Visually stunning but not much going on upstairs.

Associate
Taste of fear.

A 1961 black and white Hammer horror film, but not the usual camp Hammer style, and is more of a psychologically disturbing film.

I've always been a big horror film fan and I first watched this in my youth in the early 1970's and it's one of the few films that stick in my mind almost 40 years later. 8/10

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0055505/

Last edited:
Associate
I liked the concept of this movie, but there was one thing I just couldn't get my head around... The main character was just TOO accepting of all the weird shiz that was happening to her.

Like, "Oh I seem to be in a horror scenario that will keep replaying itself until I work out how to act accordingly to escape". "No probs, I guess I'll just crack on with that then".

Whereas most people would be like "WAIT... WHAT THE ACTUAL **** IS GOING ON HERE?????????????".

Exactly what I was thinking throughout the film. The only explanation I could think was that she was suffering from severe shock, but it didn't really fit in.

I was trying to remember what films it reminded me of last night and realised it's a cross between Ghost Ship (2002) and Dead End (2003).

Soldato
The Hunger Games

Two hours of my life I'll never get back. 3/10

Amelie

Fabulous film making and story telling. Could possibly sneak into my top ten. 8.5/10

Battleship

Good action movie, ticks all the boxes. Hot girl, big explosions, crazy plot, cheesy lines, funny lines (including poking fun at itself). It even has an 'military personel playing competitive sport' scene, I think they took a few elements from Top Gun for this one. Worth a watch. 6.5/10

The Avengers

Brilliant action movie. May also sneak into my top ten. Watched it twice in one weekend and I never do that. 8.5/10

Soldato
Total Recall 2012 - 7/10. Not a bad film on its own merits, but not a patch on the original....a film that really did not need to be remade.

Colin Farrell was good as usual, and though it is always nice to see Kate Beckinsale walking around half naked, she is one of the worst actresses I have ever seen.

Edit- actually thinking about it, I will put it down to a 6, maybe even a 5.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom