Audi owners in here!

Soldato
Myself or family friends have been using them for about 20 years, and so far not had any reason to complain.

I will be ringing them to ask about it, but thought if I could just do it myself it would be easier.

GT3

GT3

Soldato
yeah, while its a 2003, the previous owner must have had claws or something to wear out the switch gear and radio buttons as they have been.. I have had cars with much more mileage but none of that.

Anyway, its superficial and easily replaced, which i'll do if I keep the car long.

My friends 03 plate Audi S3 has very worn climate control buttons, they have gone white all over. Looks terrible!

Associate
If they are making stickers for it then I guess its a common problem indeed!

On mine it's the radio, window switches, hazard, park sensor, traction, etc

The climate control was probably replaced as it looks new

Associate
A few pictures below of my 2002 audi s8 :cool:

7901295118_9467b5c775_z.jpg

7901294138_e3b5aecdc1_z.jpg

Soldato
Didn't want to start a thread just for this but...

I drove a 1.5 month old Audi A3 TDI Sport 1.6 hire car for ~120 miles today and it was shocking! The steering felt like I was driving a kids toy it was so light and the engine was pitiful. While impressively quiet, it just was not suitable for the car at all, totally lacking in power and just about everything else too. Maybe because it was how I was driving it *cough* but the MPG was crap too, only got about 40 from the motorway run!

It was really comfy on the motorway when cruising, just a nightmare to get there. Nothing special around town or country roads though, just bland. The interior was nice, but nothing special and certainly didn't feel any "better" or "nicer" than even my car really. Hated the way you've got to climb "back" into the thing (it was a 5 door) if that makes sense.

For £20+k I could think of a LOT of other cars which are better in every way!

Really makes me want to go out and drive a decent model now see what they are like as they seem to be popular!

Soldato
Havent posted in here before but thinking about changing my car to an S3 sportback, either with the S Tronic or manual gearbox. Anyone on here have one? Good or bad cars? I love the look of them, plus the practicality and you seem to get a very decent spec. Will be doing about 15k miles per year.

Caporegime
2.0T FSI engine is strong enough and reliable enough, and the S Tronic gearbox is fantastic if you happen to like that style of semi-automatic, double clutch, flappy paddle gearbox (which I do incidentally).

As for the A3 as a platform, well it's old hat and not particularly well specced (even when fully specced), and the underlying technology in it is exactly the same as it was in 2003 when it was introduced.

Soldato
I've driven a DCT M3 and a PDK 981 Boxster and really enjoyed them both. For day to day driving I'd prefer it to a manual.

I was thinking the same about the A3 platform, which is why I'm unsure of spending ~£18k on one. However I like the 5 door praticality, its compactness, the optional roof bars and the hatchback design. Plus the interior looks nice, especially with the bucket seats.

Man of Honour
I like the S3 - its probably the hot hatch Id chose if I had to buy something like that but its absolutely not an 18k car.

Back
Top Bottom