Guild Wars 2 - Hints and Tips Thread

Soldato
^^^ No. It only took me about an hour to update from a physical copy, though.

So, simple question.

I enjoyed the first Guild wars quite a lot, is GW2 worth the buy?

It's not a lot like GW1 unless you count the music, which has mainly been recycled so far as I can tell. On the other hand, yes, it is worth the buy. It's got some teething troubles, but they will be fixed.

Associate
Little bump since this hasn't got the attention I hoped:

Personally I've bound M4 as my dodge key, just because it's much quicker to press..

Also in the main thread, there was a link to these tips, which are quite handy:

Soldato
Simple tip worth repeating : even if your dodge is recharging, keep moving. You'll take a lot less damage even by circle strafing your target. It's very easy to forget and just stand there spamming your skills, but you really notice the drop in damage taken if you move around.

Soldato
It won't be to everyone's taste but I'm using Pinnacle Game Profiler to play using my 360 controller and it has made the game a lot more enjoyable for me, especially against lower level enemies and when exploring. You can map pretty much all of the regular controls so the only time I use the mouse/keyboard is inventory management. I already use a mouse/keyboard for most of the day so anything that helps avoid RSI/carpal tunnel is a bonus as well.

Full details in this thread if anyone else is interested - http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/forum/showthread.php?25192-Guild-Wars-2

Back
Top Bottom