So adverts can lie now?

Soldato
What annoys me the most about adverts is the reduced prices they can claim by bumping up the price the following month.

Save £400 on this laptop, was £999 now £599 (was £999 from 01/08/2012 to 01/09/2012) and was no doubt £599 before then.

This really winds me up, and it's always the same "Purple Shirt" types, as they put the price up for the barest legal minimum time before they roll out the "Save £300 on this ****y laptop that was never worth £600" crap. These should be banned.

Oh and don't even get me started on the "sleek"books. If Intel had any plans for the Ultrabook 'brand' to mean quality they're screwed thanks to every cowboy computer sales company fostering such tat on unsuspecting parents, grandparents and other less clued up folk.

Man of Honour
It's no different to lynx advertising that their deo sprays make women rip their clothes off and sex you on the spot.

Both are complete tripe, and not to be taken seriously.

edit; damn someone already mentioned it!

Soldato
"Contains all natural ingredients!"

The term "natural" has no legal definition, thus even the most synthetic man-made products can still be advertised as being 100% natural. :/

Back
Top Bottom