Thailand or Japan?

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
I had no real trouble in major cities (Tokyo, Osaka, Hiroshima, Kyoto) but other places people are more reluctant to admit to knowing English ... they'll still try to help though.

My Dad got really lost in Osaka, was directed to a subway station by a police man and then a normal member of the public helped him get the right ticket, get to his destination and find the correct exit when he got there.

I was trying to find my hotel in Tokyo once and asked a chap waiting for the bus if he knew where the road was, think I had something with the hotel name on to show him.

He whipped out his laptop with a mobile internet card in (this was going back a little while when mobile broadband wasn't so common) and just googled it then was able to say where it was. But his english wasn't great, but wasn't needed :)

I've been given some A4 sheets that say in english 'give this to the taxi driver' and then it's all in Japanese to tell them where to go to the offices I need to visit so that should be easy enough.

Soldato
Japan. The women are filth and love Europeans for some reason.

Oh and there's some scenery blah blah :p

And Thailand has no scenery?

6795576877_fc90521314_b.jpg

6796936383_84d49cce8c_b.jpg

Thailand gets my vote, best month of my life eeeever!

Last edited:
Soldato
I would take Japan 100 times out of 100 !!

Was in Tokyo this year and going back in November... it's absolutely AMAZING.

Getting from Narita to Tokyo Central Station is very easy. You can take the Narita express (but there's a deal where you buy the ticket and get 3-4 days subway for free).

Then your in the central station and everything is easy on the underground.

Costs wise, Tokyo is a very expensive city - I absolutely love it there though.

Soldato
If you go to Thailand then back home people will treat it as though you took your holiday in a brothel, and be prepared for the endless (high-larious) remarks about ladyboys etc for at least the next few years, off your mates.

People will scoff at your for going to Thailand. They will envy you for going to Japan.

Soldato
How expensive is Tokyo? Are we speaking Paris/London/Moscow sorts of prices?

It really depends ... personally I haven't found it that expensive when I've been there but it depends what you want to do.

For instance I know people who have gone and eaten in the hotels all the time ... this is expensive. Personally we tend to eat in perfectly reasonable little restaurants, normally with locals rather than tourists, and you can normally get a very nice meal for two, with a large beer each, for <£20.

Back
Top Bottom