OCUK Endomondo Team Thread

Soldato
It's good. I like it, but it's different to endomondo.

You either download the strava app on your phone or upload your garmin logs to the website. It then compares your times to other people who have ridden the same 'segments'. The segments are created by users and most of them are road climbs but there are also MTB segments as well. Most routes at trail centres are all segments so you can compare your times.

Underboss
downloaded Strava, and having a play with it, looks good, love the layout, didnt find any MTB routes though, only got a choice of Cycling or Running, i like the top 10 lists on each one, so i could goto the start of one of the rides and have a go at it myself! so tempted to buy a good road bike now! :p

Soldato
downloaded Strava, and having a play with it, looks good, love the layout, didnt find any MTB routes though, only got a choice of Cycling or Running

Yeah, there's no distinction on strava between MTB and road bike on strava. There are lots of off-road segments though.
If you go to the website and click the 'explore' link at the top, you can see all of the segments on a map. I'v just had a look at the Forrest of Dean trail centre (dont know how close you are to there?) and there seems to be quite a lot of segments to have a go at.
It's not just trail centres though, have a look near you on the map and see if you can see any off-road segments.

Underboss
Yeah, there's no distinction on strava between MTB and road bike on strava. There are lots of off-road segments though.
If you go to the website and click the 'explore' link at the top, you can see all of the segments on a map. I'v just had a look at the Forrest of Dean trail centre (dont know how close you are to there?) and there seems to be quite a lot of segments to have a go at.
It's not just trail centres though, have a look near you on the map and see if you can see any off-road segments.

cheers mate, i found one local to me, up hill off road! might have to do that next week im off work!

Soldato
OP
I use Endomondo and Strava. Love the segments part of Strava, just a shame all my routes are used by the local cycling clubs so its a struggle to get anywhere near the top 10.

Soldato
OP
Ok, I've done two over 100km rides on Endomondo, why arent they showing up in the challenge?

Edit - Looks like last weekends Manchester 100k was half a mile short and because the challenge starts on 6th September it hasnt counted the week before's run.

@Saundie - any chance of making the challenge go from 1st Jan - 31st Dec like the others? ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Well that's annoying; I hadn't realised that the 100k I did in 3 hours 55 minutes a couple of weeks ago was actually "only" 99.90km. So now I have to go out and do it again this weekend. I feel cheated!!

Soldato
OP
Whats the concensus on this daveski? I'm old fashioned and log everything in miles (afterall the road signs are in miles ;)), so would prefer that for the challenges. Happy to go with the flow if he majority prefer Kms. :cool:

I'm happy with them in miles too. I changed them as one was 10 miles and one was 20km, which seemed a bit stupid!

Soldato
200km+ of training and BOOM. Finished my first Half Marathon today. Took place in Maidenhead - tore my calf muscle the day before - took 1000mg of ibuprofen and yea...

Finished in 1:39:51

Please find lap times below:

svtctf.png

14ctx02.png

Soldato
Nice split times.

I'm aiming for 5min/km at the moment.

Ran my first 10km today, ran it in 53mins. I think I could do a 50min easily, there were a couple of moments where I had to slow/stop for traffic. Tore a hole in my shorts pocket too and my phone fell out!

New shoes and socks before my next 10km.

Back
Top Bottom