What are your quarterly gas/electricity bills at the moment?

Caporegime
Just as a comparison my total utility bill for the last 3 months has been about $110usd, So 68gbp. For the last 3 months I have had my gf living with my and both parents on and of for last month. I reckoned it would be about $80 by myself.

In winter this goes up to about $180.

Soldato
OP
2+2 family living in a 3 bedroom semi. My British Gas monthly bill is ..... gas-£41 electricity £36

i assume that's your direct debit? If so that's not really that useful. ie: Your direct debits may have just dropped (or gone up) to adjust an over (or under payment). Make sense?

Your actual bill over the last quarter would be more useful :)

Soldato
jesus some of you must never use anything,

we're £158 a month for gas and electric with average usage for electricity of between 24 and 28 kw/h a day and gas of 9 kw/h in the summer and 35-40 kw/h a day in the winter

does this seem high for a 3bed house 2+3

Soldato
2+1 detached 3 bed semi

was 70 quid gas 60 electric but got a rebate

now average is around 60 gas 50 electric a month.

tbh no idea what tarrif we are on, it winds me up that they chip and change just give me the best dam price for paperless billing and dd, dont keep changing it.

Man of Honour
2+0 in a 3 bed terrace

Electric £70 over 2 months so ~£105/quarter. Previous bill was £158 over 4 months so ~£120/quarter.
Gas £51 over 2 months so ~£75/quarter. Previous bill was £171 over 4 months so ~ £130/quarter.

Gas has gone up loads over the past couple of years.

Man of Honour
jesus some of you must never use anything,

we're £158 a month for gas and electric with average usage for electricity of between 24 and 28 kw/h a day and gas of 9 kw/h in the summer and 35-40 kw/h a day in the winter

does this seem high for a 3bed house 2+3

National average annual gas+electricity cost is in the region of £1250, so your £~1900 is somewhat high.

My bills are about £1350 a year, probably because my shift work means that I'm often at home and awake during the night, i.e. when it's much colder. So I use more gas for heating than normal.

EDIT: Having said that, I should be seeing a fair bit of a drop with my new boiler and controls. I'll start taking readings for comparison. Maybe.

Good grief. I've just seen an old bill, from ~10 years ago. Direct debit based on annual average use, like now, but it was £45 then. The scale of the increase in fuel bills is disturbing.

Last edited:
Caporegime
HOW MUCH!:eek:

Same situation and we do a lot of cooking at home and ours is £55 Max but £80 a month is :eek:

Well 3kw a day goes on heating the boiler, and the electric heaters are a nightmare in the winter, the only other big draws are my pc and the plasma. Washing machine also goes twice a week, but we don't tumble dry very often.

Kettle is rarely used, oven sometimes on for hours for slow cooking, and the only other thing I can think of is my gf's powerful hairdryer that is used every other day for quite a long time.

That said, it's only around 2% of our net household income, so I'm not overly bothered.

Soldato
Last 3 month electricity bill was £60.31 but of course it will be higher in the winter months.

I have a habit of switching everything off at the wall when not in use to save money. While at work etc I will only have the fridgefreezer and router left on.

Back
Top Bottom