Panasonic 42'' ST50 - Good choice ?

Soldato
I'm currently saving for a P42ST50 to replace my older Panasonic Plasma, should be able to pick it up in October, whilst it's fairly expensive I'd rather pay a bit more and get a set I'm really happy with.

Soldato
The panel on the ST50 range is supposed to be very good. I've not compared the 2 sets personally, but I know that I want a plasma and Panasonic make some of the best.

yeah i agree Panasonic Plasma is the best :) and the ST50 Reviews all say its a top class T.V as do the reviews of the Sony KDL40HX723 its all about what your willing to pay and for the average person the cheaper LED T.V like the Sony would be great for there use ,i am just worried i,d spend £849.00 on a Plasma and find out its to reflective in my room ,where i know the Sony LED will not be :)

Soldato
Can always return it under the DSR if it ends up not being a good fit for your room. Though I'm personally going to have it in a bed room where I can fully control the room lighting, though the new Panasonic's are supposed to be a lot better with reflections/glare.

Soldato
Can always return it under the DSR if it ends up not being a good fit for your room. Though I'm personally going to have it in a bed room where I can fully control the room lighting, though the new Panasonic's are supposed to be a lot better with reflections/glare.

yeah this is what i have read they have a special coating on the screen now , as my mate as an old Panasonic Plasma ,which is totally different to the new models , i think it will be fine , as i do tend to worry to much , as there are always curtains i can draw ha! plus when do we most watch T.V at night when the curtains are shut and lights are down :) I am lucky in my living room as i have vertical blinds and these are very good at controlling the amount of light let into the room :)

Soldato
Think it's important people also realize the GT is considered a top end model this year, with the ST being the new mid-range. The GT50 and ST50 may have the same filter but blacks are slightly better and the dynamic range is somewhat closer to that of the VT50. All put side by side the average user wont be able to tell the difference between the three models in terms of black levels as they really are that close to one another.

Soldato
Think it's important people also realize the GT is considered a top end model this year, with the ST being the new mid-range. The GT50 and ST50 may have the same filter but blacks are slightly better and the dynamic range is somewhat closer to that of the VT50. All put side by side the average user wont be able to tell the difference between the three models in terms of black levels as they really are that close to one another.

yes i read a review that stated this ...but is the screen that reflective ? :confused:

Soldato
I'm sure last christmas the p50st30's were going for £500ish to clear at many retailers, so I'm going to wait and see if the same happens with the st50's. I hope so, only way I'll get one past das women in my house.

Soldato
I'm sure last christmas the p50st30's were going for £500ish to clear at many retailers, so I'm going to wait and see if the same happens with the st50's. I hope so, only way I'll get one past das women in my house.

yeah this is what most people will do now wait for xmas :) you could always buy it off a place and pay a monthly sum for say 4-6 months won,t wipe out your savings so much then :)

Associate
yeah this is what most people will do now wait for xmas :) you could always buy it off a place and pay a monthly sum for say 4-6 months won,t wipe out your savings so much then :)

I brought mine last year for around £370 at a best buy closing down sale around Christmas.

I suggest waiting

Associate
I read all the reviews on the ST50 range before I bought the 50" model and i'm not disappointed in any way. The picture is as good they say. By far the best TV iv'e ever owned. The 3D is damn good also as a bonus.

Soldato
I read all the reviews on the ST50 range before I bought the 50" model and i'm not disappointed in any way. The picture is as good they say. By far the best TV iv'e ever owned. The 3D is damn good also as a bonus.

thanks for the info DEFUNKT what i want to know is about the screen , does it reflect much with the coating on it ? most reviews say the ST50 etc are no where near as reflective as the older Plasma screens ? plus i only have one normal size window in my living room , and i have vertical blinds too :)

Soldato
plus i only have one normal size window in my living room , and i have vertical blinds too :)

It's a good thing you can control the amount of sunlight that comes into your room. I have no doubts that the ST50 would be fine in your room now that you've mentioned that. And yes, the reflection is nothing of a major concern at all.

Back
Top Bottom