Beating highstreet prices on contact lenses?

Soldato
I have been trying different lenses from Specsavers for about a year now and I think I have finally settled on an option that works for me. I have tried monthly lenses of so many varieties but it always ended in really bloodshot eyes or else too uncomfortable to wear.

I have tried dailies now for a few days and already they seem great. They are cibavision dailies aquacomfort plus. I've been looking online for buying some but specsavers price of £30/month is the best I can see. I imagined many of the online stores would be much cheaper but it certainly doesn't seem to be the case. Does anyone here use Specsavers lensmail for dailies? I'm not sure that it is worth continuing with this scheme as I won't necessarily wear lenses every single day so I could end up with a huge stockpile.

Maybe you have to buy in bulk to get any discount?

Last edited:
Soldato
Used to use lenstore but switched to feelgoodcontacts.com as I switched from dailies to monthlies and lenstore didn't stock the brand of toric lenses I required.

Both are very good although FGC has the added bonus of free delivery which lenstore didn't.

Soldato
I tried Daysoft lenses twice, about two years ago and three months ago. I found them to be less comfortable than my usual Acuvue lenses.
I usually get my lenses from Asda online.

The online suppliers don't seem check the actual prescription. They only seem interested in a valid date. On my last check up with my optician, I discovered that I had been wearing -11.0 instead on my prescribed -10.5 for over a year. I must have mixed up my glasses prescription when ordering my lenses. As an experiment I tried ordering some at -11.5 and still received them!

Back
Top Bottom