New rig opinion / advice

Soldato
Yes you skimped on the most important part :(

Heres a few to replace it with:

YOUR BASKET
1 x Corsair Enthusiast Series TX550M High Performance 550W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular Power Supply (CP-9020001-UK) £79.99
1 x Seasonic G series 550w '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply £76.99
1 x XFX Pro 650W Core Edition '80 Plus Bronze' Power Supply £69.98
1 x Cooler Master Silent Pro Modular 600W '80 Plus Bronze' Power Supply £65.99
Total : £305.56 (includes shipping : £10.50).

Personally go with the Seasonic but its on pre-order so...

The Coolermaster gets a 9/10 from Johny Guru so thats nice.

Mei

Mei

Soldato
you should mod the case with a holder and a mini fire extinguisher
and have that psu showing through a window

would be awesome^^

Associate
OP
Cheers - thanks for the quick replies.

As for the keyboard - I actually don't mind it for a budget one, have already tried a friends.

Most of my gaming I'll be using a Wolfking KB that I've already got anyway.

Associate
OP
All put together last night and, touch wood, seems to be running well - thank you for all the advice! Much appreciated as it had been a while.

In terms of comments I'd say I was a bit unimpressed with the condition of the Bitfenix case on arrival. The plastic housings that surround the screws of the bottom support were snapped (3 out of 4 anyway) leaving it rocking heavily.

In all honesty, I was planning on taking the bottom legs off anyway, as I think they're pretty unsightly, but still - should have been my decision to make!

Id also say that I would never pick the case up by the top handles. The plastic just does not look sturdy enough.

Everything else though seems great and new SATA storage drive arriving today.

The one question I do have - with my Asrock board, there is only one connector for case fans. With the prodigy already having two built in ones, I'd like them both on.

Is it just as simple as buying a fan splitter of sorts and connecting both to the same connector? Link me to a suitable one if so please!

Back
Top Bottom