Post Your Home Cine & HiFi Kit...

Caporegime
That looks nice al4x !

Thanks, had a plan from the start on what I wanted. (black/silver theme) the stand was a gem, (delivery drivers didn't like it, one 60kg piece and up stairs) and the monitor audio speakers I'm gradually getting luckily come in black oak too.

Associate
Hi all, here's my effort. It's not the best but it's a good budget setup. I got the G30 for £429 brand new and it's just amazing. I was putting up with backlight bleed before so the difference is night and day. Only thing I regret is the AV amp. I had an old Yamaha before and swapped it for this (STR-DH810) as wanted HDMI switching. I must say the Sony sounds flat, seems to have no mid and way too much high, even after tweaking :(

Ulvwf.jpg

Last edited:

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Center speaker is not center..... arrgghh! :p

Haha, Imagine how hard it is for me living with it every day! Sadly, I can't wall mount as the flat is rented and the wall has very dodgy plaster. You get used to it though. Looks neat I suppose

Put the cabinet off centre to the left, then place the TV directly over the centre speaker :p

It might look worse but it might sound better.

Or put the TV on top of the speaker... if stable? Or will that just look too stupid?

Soldato
What are they trying to show with the football? Pain stupid until they can lose the bezel for watching TV/Films on.

It was more a production demo. The idea was you just have 2x 4k cameras covering the whole pitch, then you digitally crop out the camera 'view' you want for broadcast, so you don't need loads of cameramen following the action and you never miss anything.

Soldato
Most people with pockets that deep tend to own fancy home cinemas and go straight to a high end projector. They actually had a glasses free prototype of the same unit but no pics allowed, it was pretty good.

Soldato
ASUS Essence STX / FiiO E17 + FiiO E09K --> Marantz PM6010OSE --> Cerwin Vega! VE-8
Sennheiser HD650 | HD595 | HD25-1 II

I can't recommend the FiiO and Marantz setup enough. It sounds so right, and a bargain too.
Currently waiting on some Wharfedale to replace my second speaker setup. I also need to get rid of some speakers at somepoint, have 4 pairs not doing anything.

Again, sorry pics are a load of tosh.

img06781c.jpg

img06791y.jpg

img00521e.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom