MPC-BE released (video media player)

Don
It's a mod of the MPC-HC player.

A bit more polished, and they've added Aud/Sub buttons to the main screen.

Looks great imo

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mpcbe/files/MPC-BE/

Pick either 32bit or 64bit, then download the 'installer' version.

You'll also need to update your DX9 files to use it.

Web Installer / Full installer

mpc-be.png

mpc-be2.png

• To get it looking like this, press 2, then Ctrl + 5, then Ctrl + 1.
    [*]Press 3 to revert to default view, 1 to have super compact

• To set as default video player, press o, Formats, Modify/Video, Ok

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Got round to trying it and it's nicer than previous MPC-HC BE mod where the UI is swisher, you can't drag the video window by dragging the video section itself any more though, you have to drag either title bar or the grey areas of the navbar UI.

I like the new media filetype icons for mkv/avi etc though!

I've copied my pch hc ini file and enabled it on the new BE then uninstalled the old HC version.

Edit*

Liking the preview on seek bar mouseover!

mpcbe_mod.jpg

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
If you just open MPC BE so the logo is showing you can drag then but if you play a video you can't drag using the video area.

Must be a bug :p

Associate
That MIGHT be a consequence of you using the ini from the old player. I couldnt move the player by touching the video itself on old version of mpc hc and the old be before it was abandoned. I prefer that way TBH, this version doesnt seem to have that ability. Might have to check out the ini and compare it to my hc install.

Associate
Only problem is that you can't drag the player when in window mode without pausing it and when you do disable pause/play on leftdown then it disables move.
If you click twice (not double-click, which in its default setting will toggle fullscreen mode), and hold the left button down on the second click, you can drag the window after the video has resumed playing - not a solution exactly, but perhaps a usable workaround if you need that capability.

Back
Top Bottom