US: Sons of Anarchy...

Associate
First of all, SOA, much as I love it, is not as good as Breaking Bad. It just isn't. Breaking Bad is head and shoulders above every other show.

Secondly, did anyone else think 'that scene' in the s05 premiere is possibly the most disturbing moment of fictional television or film they've ever seen? It has haunted me all day today since watching it last night, and I'm wracking my brains to think of anything that has done that before. Book-wise the bit in A Song of Ice and Fire Book 3 Part 2 (TRW) was probably about as shocking, so for those who haven't read it when it happens next season in GOT it'll probably match or top this, but until then...

And I didn't think I could possibly want a character to suffer a horrific and terrible comeuppance more than Joffrey Baratheon in GOT, but Pope has outdone him.

Soldato
Secondly, did anyone else think 'that scene' in the s05 premiere is possibly the most disturbing moment of fictional television or film they've ever seen? It has haunted me all day today since watching it last night, and I'm wracking my brains to think of anything that has done that before.

The rape scene in "This is England 86" (I think it was 86) was far more horrific IMHO.... You did ask :p

Soldato
Secondly, did anyone else think 'that scene' in the s05 premiere is possibly the most disturbing moment of fictional television or film they've ever seen? It has haunted me all day today since watching it last night, and I'm wracking my brains to think of anything that has done that before.

Yup, quite disturbed. Me and the missus were waiting for 'it' not to happen but when it did..... wow.

Will be some interesting character development this season. Shame it isn't carrying on for another season, plenty more they could do.

Soldato
I only just found out that the actor that plays Opie (Ryan Hurst) is the same guy as one of the leads in "Remember the Titans" (Gerry Bertier) who was paralysed in the movie....

Hah yeah I IMDB'd it a while back, everytime I watch Sons now I try to picture him without that forest of facial hair and I just can't :p

Soldato
The guy playing Opie probably pulls off the best image of a biker TBH... He just looks the part :)

Oh and...

how good do you think he would feel doing what he did to the cops at the end of ep2 :D

Totaly obvious what he was doing but still, it was good :D

DcD

DcD

Associate
Absolutely love Sons of Anarchy. I can't say the title in my head without saying it like Jacks at the start of episodes "Previously on Sons of An-arrr-chy".

I thought it was a cracking start to the season. I'm glad it's all gone back to normal now. I've rather blocked out that Ireland season as I thought it was tosh.

Back
Top Bottom