Black Mesa Source

Associate
Why does this have to come out on the day I move in to my accom at uni? :/

Totally agree with AndyT; if you even have time to touch this during your first week of uni, then you're doing something wrong. You've coped for 8 years without it, I'm sure another week won't kill you, not like you're going to have time to be reading how awesome/crappy it is on here either :p

Soldato
I haven't completed HL yet, but it says only up to the Lambda Core Chapter.

Does this mean the whole HL hasn't been overhalued or what's up?

Lambda Core is the final level before the journey to the alien world. It just means Xen isn't in. Xen is widely ridiculed and slated as being the only downside to Half Life. Its exclusion is probably for the best.

Soldato
Wrong.

A Mod is something that uses the original work of the developers, the textures, the audio, the character models etc. A developer licensing the underlying engine to make their own complete game is NOT a Mod.

Not necessarily, a total conversion is still a mod, which a a quick look over the wikipedia entry would suggest that is what Black Mesa is.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not necessarily, a total conversion is still a mod, which a a quick look over the wikipedia entry would suggest that is what Black Mesa is.

Do note though that I never actually said it wasn't a mod, I was merely saying that it's not a mod because of the fact that it uses the source engine.

However, in the case of Black Mesa Source, it's some what like when people like talk about "Case modding" while talking about a computer case built from scratch, except for maybe the motherboard tray.

Back
Top Bottom