Omega or Breitling?

Don
They begrudgingly gave me around 5%, but they offered me larger discounts on Breitling and a couple of other brands. The reason apparently is because Omega are reducing availability and ADs globally in an attempt to push exclusivity of their brand. .

they have been saying that for years, though the one I used last that gave me 21% has lost his dealer status :p , if you are happy with the deal then that's fine :)

Permabanned
OP
it's only about 10 years since RRP was £1100 :eek:

I paid around £1450 for my Planet Ocean brand new in 2005, RRP is now £3950 I think

Retail was £2770.

I heard that prices have risen by £500 since Omega started withdrawing ADs and opening their own boutiques, around 18months or so.

They had a couple of used ones, a 2007 PO for £1440 without papers/box and a 2010 SMP for £1900 with papers/box.

All good news for owners, not so much for buyers.

Last edited:
Soldato
My fakey:
19823-rsz_3imag0762.jpg
I can usually tell a knock off quite easily, but that looks pretty damn close.

P.S. Don't get it wet, lol.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sorry I was looking at the XL and it's not (see edit). In fact it's too close to call imo. Which is kinda worrying. About the only thing that's a bit off is the pip. But even then.

I thought the numbers 6 and 9 looked wrong and that it doesn't have Swiss made on the bottom of the face, although that could be the angle of the photo.

I checked and I was wrong about the numbers.

Last edited:
Soldato
I thought the numbers 6 and 9 looked wrong and that it doesn't have Swiss made on the bottom of the face, although that could be the angle of the photo.

That's just the angle I think, compare to the genuine image I posted above. It's too close, I'd need a few more pics. But I think you'd have to check the movement to be sure, if the latest reps are that good. Oh dear.

Edit, stuck it up on tz-uk to get their views. General opinion is the pip and crown are off. The last few fake PO I'd seen had a few obvious tells, but that could fool a lot of people imo.

Last edited:
Soldato
That's just the angle I think, compare to the genuine image I posted above. It's too close, I'd need a few more pics. But I think you'd have to check the movement to be sure, if the latest reps are that good. Oh dear.

Edit, stuck it up on tz-uk to get their views. General opinion is the pip and crown are off. The last few fake PO I'd seen had a few obvious tells, but that could fool a lot of people imo.

Yeah, the crown and the pearl are both off and there's also a slightly larger gap between the first link and the fixed case link than on a gen. The lume is fairly good although I'm waiting for a UV torch so I can fully charge it and test its duration.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom