Fat people
Drink/drugs:
Yes but not very often
Youtube video that sums you up (choose one):
Guilty secret/admission:
I'm addicted to Guild Wars 2

Soldato
My general outlook on things:

My general outlook on society is quite a bleak one actually so I'll try to leave that bit out!

I like to think of myself as an individual as I try not to conform to standards or do things because it's what "everyone else does". At my age (22) it's all I see when I'm surrounded by people my age. I'm quite a quiet person, rubbish at small talk and I have a few very close friends, but I'm happy with that!

70's/80's Classic Rock, Prog and Metal.
Ronnie James Dio
Takeaways
Star Trek
Nature/The environment
Science Fiction
Video Games
PC's/Technology
Microsoft!
Vinyl
Good American shows (Breaking Bad, SoA, The Wire etc.)
Architecture
Fellow Geeks!
Classical music
Houseplants
Breeding tropical insects

Dislikes:

Anyone who believes humans are a superior species
Animal cruelty
People with no consideration for the environment
Most British comedians
Chavs/Idiots (most of the population)
British television
Modern music/Indie music
Racism
Large corporate businesses (Microsoft not included) :p
Supermarkets
Selfish people
Youth culture
Indie kids
Sheep (the type of person not the animal)
Gay people who play on it really strongly!
People who drink because it's "cool", and drinkers that think it makes them tough
Most Geordies

Turn ons:

Individuality
Intelligence
Rock/Metal chicks!
Hippie chicks!

Turn offs:

Fake tan/sunbed abusers
Too much makeup
Close-mindedness
Binge drinkers
Smokers
Dressing like a ****
Sheep (the type of person not the animal)

Willing to accept:

Close-mindedness with a pretty face!
People who accept me for who I am
Hard workers
A difference in opinion

NOT willing to accept:

Racists
Bullies
People who don't have respect for living creatures/the environment

Drink/drugs:

Yes not but to get drink and no.

Youtube video that sums you up (choose one) :

Guilty secret/admission

Cheryl Cole is pretty hot!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
My general outlook on things:
'Only be serious when you have to be' is my own motto and I have a relatively silly and good natured sense of humour that dominates my personality. I am renowned for getting along with absolutely anyone and finding common interests - I'm pretty forgiving with flaws. I would also say I'm modest, I don't crow about my victories.

Most people, food, exercise, being social, loud music, individualism and guitars.

Dislikes:
Boring people. Elitism.

Turn ons:
A woman who loves food and exercise.

Turn offs:
People that don't have much to them.

Willing to accept:
Most things.

NOT willing to accept:
Boring people. Elitism.

Drink/drugs:
I do enjoy a good drinking session from time to time.

Definitely this one.

Guilty secret/admission:
I am actually fairly soft.

I would have thought you could have all guessed that about me anyway.

Permabanned
This wasn't quite the thread I was expecting based on the title alone, I rather thought it would be a bit deeper and more about deconstructing yourself in terms of abilities, what makes you tick and why you behave the way that you do etc. Maybe not quite to the level of deconstructing your psyche in any detail as there's probably not many people who would be self aware enough to do it in any depth but something a bit more involved anyway.

I echo this.

I saw the thread title and who'd posted it and immediately my mind started salivating, working overtime constructing the post before I'd even clicked on the thread.

On a personal note, picking away at the seams of your very being - unknotting and unravelling the threads of conscience and existence and laying them out side by side, bare as the day they were originally woven, has become such an intrinsic part of my life that to do it sometimes seems more of an innate process than learned behaviour.

Nothing in my world is ever quite so simple as to be binary, black and white without shades. I could follow the OP's structure quite easily but I'd be limiting myself to things that may, in the following 24 hours change completely. What turns me on now may turn me off tomorrow, and vice versa.

What I do know for sure is that this forum needs a whole army of Magnolias.

Me:

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
This wasn't quite the thread I was expecting based on the title alone, I rather thought it would be a bit deeper and more about deconstructing yourself in terms of abilities, what makes you tick and why you behave the way that you do etc. Maybe not quite to the level of deconstructing your psyche in any detail as there's probably not many people who would be self aware enough to do it in any depth but something a bit more involved anyway.

me in OP said:
I had a huge preamble to this but I changed my mind.

That's what it started off as before I realised it wouldn't work so I dumbed it down to something I could understand. Apologies for the unintended misdirection; I forgot to change the thread title :o

'Describe yourself' is probably more appropriate if any passing Mod could oblige.

e : ^ ha! "Magnolia - because he's not worth it."

Last edited:
Permabanned
[FnG]magnolia;22777715 said:
e : ^ ha! "Magnolia - because he's not worth it."

Honey, just get up from the computer, go to the nearest mirror and look at yourself. No smiles, no frowns - just you stood there. Imagine your head is transparent and all the things that spill out onto this forum are all gestating, cosying up together in their foetal sacs.

If you come back and tell me you're not worth it, I'll come over there and kick your arse.

Soldato
Wannabedamned:

My general outlook on things
Life is there to be lived, When I'm not learning, Doing or earning. I feel restless. This makes it hard for me to have hobbies like gaming, movies or TV. Although I do enjoy all 3, I find it hard to settle down and do any of them thoroughly. My hobbies are more active now keeping me outdoors.

Family
Boobies
Money
Designer Clothing
Live Music
Shopping
Cooking
Most Animals(Not scorpions, They are the devil)
Martial Arts

Dislikes:
Ignorant People
Bullies
Animal Cruelty
Scorpions

Turn ons:
A well presented, pretty and interesting woman. Possibly why I'm single still.
and boobies

Turn offs:
Smoking
Binge Drinking
Bad Teeth
B.O
Fatties - Sorry to fat peoples, but I cant help it. :o

Willing to accept:
Overweight people trying to get healthy
People make mistakes

NOT willing to accept:
Stealing
Drink Driving
Animal Cruelty
Domestic Abuse

Drink/drugs:
Yes to drink, but very rarely. Yes to drugs in the past, But not now.

Youtube video that sums you up (choose one) :
This video couldnt be any closer to underlining who I am. :) Keeping in mind, I used a razor ;)

Guilty secret/admission
I find it very difficult to open up emotionally to anyone. I'm essentially stone on the surface. And quite cold to people, I rarely sugar coat things.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I find it very difficult to open up emotionally to anyone. I'm essentially stone on the surface. And quite cold to people, I rarely sugar coat things.

I presume this is suitably on topic for you ;)

Purely out of curiosity, is the above due to it being a 'thing that a man doesn't do' or is it emotional retardedness because you're **** scared of letting someone in, letting someone get close to you and having the potential to break your heart into a million slicing shards?

If it's the first, well you may always be like that.

If it's the second, that will go someway to explaining this:

Turn ons:
A well presented, pretty and interesting woman. Possibly why I'm single still.
and boobies

An interesting woman will need you to open up. You have to trust her with your heart and emotional wellbeing for her to reciprocate.

Soldato
It's definitely the second one. After 2 longterm relationships essentially adding up to a good 13 years of my life, I'm now 30. I've closed myself off to real intimacy it would seem, whats annoying is that I'm aware of it. I know the solution. Yet I can't change it. Everyone I meet on a night out, who I like. It always stays very mechanical. And the moment I see anything more than sex and friendship, I bail.

Last girl I actually told straight that I wasnt looking for a relationship, considering this wasnt even a week after sleeping with her and texting, chatting lots. I bet you can imagine her reaction :D:o:(

Permabanned
The question isn't whether you know the solution or not, it's whether you want to solve the issue or not. You're still young enough to enjoy single life, yet I'm sure there's many 30 year olds who've thought that and suddenly found themselves 40+ and start scrabbling around for anyone who'll even so much as pay them a bit of attention.

Are you actually looking for a relationship, or not? You come across as a tad confused about this :)

Permabanned
If I deconstruct myself, there is no guarantee I can put myself back together again, and with the budget cuts, we do not have the technology.......;)

Soldato
Think of this whenever i read the thread title :p

Still, whatever - i'm bored.

My general outlook on things: Good, with scattered showers.

Likes: Learning/discovering, tinkering, having a laugh, working through a problem, getting lost in a good book (or good music); still, warm summer nights and silent snowy winter nights.

Dislikes: People who aren't open to new information, the idea that just because you had a bad time in school learning is nerdy and rubbish.

Turn ons: Dominant girls, cute smiles.

Turn offs: Rudeness, men.

Willing to accept: That there is always more i need to know.

NOT willing to accept: That something can't be changed for the better.

Drink/drugs: Meh, take it or leave it. I hate that whenever my friends drink they drink specifically to get drunk, rather than using it to supplement a social experience. I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility of using cannabis at some point, although i doubt ever regularly and not anything stronger.

Guilty secret/admission: Not sure what to put here, but it will probably come as no great surprise to anyone that i'm rubbish at relationships. It was a while ago, but i ruined the one relationship i had by being to cowardly to actually do anything with it and i've just not taken any chances i've had since. A lot of them i've really wanted to, but i just couldn't take that step. Not entirely sure why.

Soldato
Are you actually looking for a relationship, or not? You come across as a tad confused about this :)

I am confused about it lol. I dont like being alone, which is part of the reason I always have friends around. **** buddies or 1 night stands, blah blah.

Had no one round this weekend, been proper down because of it.

But at the same time, I like my space. This weekend I've cut the grass, Cleaned the house, Gym and Kung-Fu. My time! It's always my time!

I'm soon to decorate, and I'd hate the thought of another person trying to make any decisions on the styles too.

Back
Top Bottom