Black Mesa Source

Soldato
I honestly cannot believe the amount of polish gone into this mod. It shouldn't even be called a mod, it's a whole new game!

The voice acting, music and graphics are superb and the amount of little touches like the scientists chatting with each other, details in the game world and a ****load of other stuff which I won't mention for spoilers sake are amazing.

It's been nominated so many times for Mod of the Year, I think it rightly deserves to win it this year.

Associate
I honestly cannot believe the amount of polish gone into this mod. It shouldn't even be called a mod, it's a whole new game!

The voice acting, music and graphics are superb and the amount of little touches like the scientists chatting with each other, details in the game world and a ****load of other stuff which I won't mention for spoilers sake are amazing.

It's been nominated so many times for Mod of the Year, I think it rightly deserves to win it this year.

I agree. I spent so much time just wandering around, exploring, checking out little details, hearing people speak.. before even going to start the experiment. Amazing !

Associate
I believe the level you are referring to with the rocket is "On a Rail".

I'm currently on Surface Tension, my fav level from the original, it hasn't disappointed yet!

So far I have been inpressed, most of the changes they have made have fit really nicely, also the game is challenging without being to easy or difficult. (on normal mode)

Associate
Wooooo 4 Barney's and 2 Scientists!!!

2012-09-15_00001.jpg

Soldato
I encountered something that I have no idea if its a bug or not. In the admin offices you find two scientists in a blocked off room, the male saying something like" noo take her, I'm too young to die" when you first go on. The woman will follow you while the man wont. I had two guards with me at the time. I had her follow me and turned around to head out, when I heard a noise behind me. Turned round and she was dead and in pieces, even though there were no enemies.

I have literally no idea what the heck happened to her.

Soldato
It's weird playing this, it feels like I played Half Life 1 yesterday (even though, you know 14 years) In my mind this is how good the game looks. It also feels a lot shorter than I remember it (like the army came along a lot quicker than I remember) Might have just been because I was pretty young and a bit crap :p

I know right, it really does seem shorter now.

Soldato
Well I've completed it! Which is a rare thing for me especially this quickly :p

I thought it was fantastic, it is such a good re-make. I can't believe how good it actually is with it being delayed all this time I'm sure there would at least be some major niggles but nope its all pretty awesome :)

The ending looks great, the lighting, animation, sound just all awesome. Bring on 2020? We might see the missing content added by then, or ported to Source Next Gen :p

Back
Top Bottom