Black Mesa Source

Soldato
Got past that now and i'm onto the rail network. I do love the mod, but the jump and ladder mechanics are a load of steaming faeces and in my opinion need patching.

Just because the original had the same issues doesn't mean they should be preserved.

Associate
I ran for my life in the blast pit, didn't know you could distract it.

*Edit.

Lmao.
Zen headcrabs + zombies civilised.

I do hope this modding community, continues to get the support to complete BlackMesa.
An considers reworking Blue-Shift + Appossing Force.
The quality of BM, seems to better that of HL2, an its episodes imo.

Soldato
I discovered that if your fast enough, you can save the scientist thats mowed down by the first soldier you see. Its quite funny, he says "good gracious, I do believe he was trying to kill me!" :D

I wonder if it was possible to save the guy in the original.

Associate
Is Black Mesa not the full Half Life 1 then? Or am I miss understanding what you mean here?

No, apparently its not 100% complete.
Doesn't have zen levels (Concluding story arch) an they plan on releasing Death Match Maps (Multiplayer).
I hope the mod creators, now have the positive inspiration, to complete BM, an then seriously consider reworking the HL expansions.
They where great in there own right, but never as good as Half-Life.

Caporegime
Is it not worth waiting until they've got Zen to play through it?
I've never completed Half Life.............................................................

I've er... Only... Ever..... Played...... About.... 30 minutes..

I was a filthy console peasant until about 2009.

Associate
just finished the game, funny you can cheat the last room by hiding.

I just ran around in circles blasting things with the shotgun/gluon gun. I found the last room absolutely killed my PC I had to drop all the settings to low after playing the rest of the game on high. Even then it was laggy as hell. Anyone else get the same problem?

Soldato
Has anyone playing it on hard managed to get past the assassins? I'm finding it impossible, may have to drop the difficulty level for this bit :(

Hardest bit in the original... Every play though required trying to corner one and then slowly avoiding the others till you can murder each one in turn...

No idea what they are like in this one (yet)

Back
Top Bottom