*** iPhone 5 - Revealed! ***

Associate
***Carphone warehouse***

I've had a right day with CPW.

Concerned that no money had left my account and that I had received no confirmation about my pre-order, I went to my local CPW to query the matter.

When there, an arrogant manager told me that the order was still open, it had not been processed, he didn't know (Couldn't be bothered to find out) why. I was told to ring a number and find out for myself.

I rang this number 7 times, each time being told the number was unavailable.

Disappointed with this, I went to a different CPW a little further from my house. When there, a sales assistant couldn't have done more to help me. He tracked down my order and rang up to find out what was wrong.

He was told due to the amount of orders that had been received in a short space of time. There had been a glitch in the process that meant i did not pass the internal credit check.

The sales assistant proceeded to cancel my order, refund me completely and re-order my phone. Fearing the worst, and prepared to have to wait at least another week after the 21st to get my phone, he told me he would put one aside for me on release day and I could pick it up from him any time after 5pm.

I now have the fully completed and signed contract next to me at home.

I urge anyone who has pre-orderd through CPW to go to their nearest shop immediately and check that there have been no issues with your pre-order like I have had.

Soldato
Pre ordered 64gb black about 8:05 on Friday! Best experience I have had for any apple pre order!

Just need to get in line for the zagg shield and a case Friday ;)

zYx

zYx

Associate
Anyone from here going to the apple store in bluewater on friday?

This year I decided to pick one up from the "local" apple store, because last year I pre-ordered my 4S and I had to wait half a day for the courier, where, friend of mine was already checking it out as soon as they opened the store wherever he was...

This year, iPhone 5 seems a bit more interesting then 4S, but I really hope they will have enough quantity in store.

Last edited:
Associate

Made me concerned (no e-mail or confirmation) so have just been on the phone to them again.

Apparently phone orders don't get a confirmation e-mail till they have stock to send (Thursday) but the bloke did confirm the order was all ok (money for the phone has been taken)and gave me an order transaction number.

All in all fears have been allayed (sp?)

Bring on the weekend!

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Here's some cool information I found..

Go to https://daw.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebOb...618204c476572a1b5e5fb3518&path&language=GB-EN and log in.

Here, you will see your iPhone 5 serial number (if you've preordered).

Now go to http://www.chipmunk.nl/cgi-fast/applemodel.cgi and paste your serial number.

It should bring up all the information about your phone including manufacture date etc :)

Serial number: C37H94A5A39C
Name: iPhone 5
ModelCode: iphone_5
Group1: iPhone
Group2:
Generation: 7
Model introduced: 2012
Production year: 2012
Production week: 35 (September)
Family name: Become a pro user to see this information. (sorry)
Screen size: 4 inch
Screen resolution: 1136x640 pixels
Colour: Black
Capacity: 64GB
Factory: C3 (China)
External link: Technical specifications by apple-history.com

Soldato
Pre ordered 64gb black about 8:05 on Friday! Best experience I have had for any apple pre order!

Just need to get in line for the zagg shield and a case Friday ;)

I pre-ordered in Hanley (Stoke)'s Orange shop about 5:30pm on Friday - black 64GB.

Hope I have one for release date, I couldn't order on like because of my work's internet!

Soldato
i'm really tempted to queue up outside an apple store but im concerned how many units they will have.

Go to your local network store instead.

I'm going to pop in to O2 on my way to work to pick one up, if there is a silly Que (wasn't for the 3GS) then I'll pick one up on Friday.

Soldato
Go to your local network store instead.

I'm going to pop in to O2 on my way to work to pick one up, if there is a silly Que (wasn't for the 3GS) then I'll pick one up on Friday.

You'll only be able to get one on a two year contract at an o2 store. No thank you o2, I'll buy one sim free and save myself a few hundred quid without being locked into a silly length deal. Apple store is the only place you'll get one sim free on launch day.

Associate
I just walked into my O2 store in Bournemouth, they gave me a nanosim no problems but I had to show them a printout for my order with apple, as they only have limited stock of them for launch, very helpful though, so now I am going to swapmysim and be all ready for my delivery of my 64GB Iphone 5 on friday woooohoooo.!

Soldato
Ordered my nano sim by ringing Vodafone up. They said I should have it by Thursday.

Am hoping there is a jailbreak available as well soon, would rather keep my phone the way it is then having to wait for jailbreak.

Soldato
I just walked into my O2 store in Bournemouth, they gave me a nanosim no problems but I had to show them a printout for my order with apple, as they only have limited stock of them for launch, very helpful though, so now I am going to swapmysim and be all ready for my delivery of my 64GB Iphone 5 on friday woooohoooo.!

I didn’t even have to do that. I only ask in my o2 store and they handed me one. No details where given. We have 2 o2 stores in Birmingham and it was only the smaller store which has sims in stock.

I have tried once last night and twice today to swap my sim over but thing has happened. May have to call them later.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom