Road Cycling Essentials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Ouch!! Did you get fully checked out at the hospital?

Yeah, just surface damage. Must be all the milk I was forced to drink as a child :)

I'm a horrible, obnoxious, grumpy patient though.
Road rash feels like really bad sunburn if you ask me, but after someone's been slapping it for hours.

I don't like pain. My poor girlfriend :)

Soldato
Sounds like a rough incident and some nasty damage to the bike! Was it one of your treasured bikes that you can't bear to even get a scratch on or just a workhorse bike?

I'd be gutted if I crashed my bike and wrecked some of the components and scratched the frame.

Good job for cycling helmets eh!

Soldato
That sounds pretty horrendous. Not only your injuries, but the bike's injuries! Falling off hurts, and to rub it in a bit more, its potentially expensive.

Soldato
Chicken for tea?

I had a big off on my mtb when taking on a tabletop with a very fast approach (25+) and a massive brake failure - i wanted to scrub off some speed but when the brake snapped in my hand i kinda forgot about the jump and did a big superman into the floor :o

My knee took almost all of it and the skin is still a different shade of pink over a year later!

Caporegime
In non-crash related news I got out and did 15 miles in an hour this evening which I'm quite pleased with. I managed to put in a decent time on a segment I've been banging my head against for ages - I'm up to 8th on the leaderboard. I can probably climb a couple more places before it gets really tough going - my time is now 7:12 but that's over a minute off 1st place.

I think as winter starts to bite the main achievement will be getting out in the evenings at all...

Soldato
I am 120 rear, 105 front. I'm 82kg if that helps. Higher pressures mean less rolling resistance which helps your speed but the trade off is a harsher ride over some surfaces. A higher pressure also helps prevent pinch flats.

Soldato
Anyone doing Dr Fosters winter warmer in January? I might give it a go, it sounds like an un-scary way of joining the sportive gang.

We should also have an ocuk cycling meet sometime...

Also - Holy crap.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not sure how much it is, I've registered.

Once I'd finished the coast to coast I said I'd stick to short challenging rides (hills), but now I don't know...I'm rather bloomin excited by the idea, and slightly terrified.

It'd be 12 hours riding for me, plus stops, so something like 07:00 to 20:00 trip time going on the c2c.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom