• Love ‘em - Put one on my arse

Votes: 100 24.3%
  • Hate ‘em - I’d rather die than have one

Votes: 168 40.8%
  • I don't care where the sun shines

Votes: 144 35.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
I don't hate them per se, it's just that they don't suit many people and very few look any good at all, in fact most look just rubbish.

Personally I wouldn't have one though.

Soldato
I do like them, pretty hesitant about getting one as it's a life choice. Piercings can be removed though so I have a few. I generally do like them, I just think about myself getting a job with them far too often.

Soldato
I LOVE artistic and/or meaningful tattoos. However these seem to be the minority.

There is quite a lot of generic rubbish going about which does unfortunately look a bit poor.
People should really choose their artists carefully.

I do love tattoo'd women when they actually WANT one. Not rubbish tramp stamps and such.

Man of Honour
I've gone with a don't care option as it's the closest available but really I think tattoos can look good if it's a well chosen design and well executed albeit I've never had any great desire to have one myself. If people like them then good luck to them but there seems to be lots of people who've either given little thought to the design and/or location of the tattoo which means they subsequently regret it to a greater or lesser extent. This is unfortunate as with the best will in the world a number of people will judge based on the tattoo - if I'm going to be judged on a part of my physical appearance I can change then I'd like it to be something that I'm proud of and that I'm likely to remain happy with.

Soldato
They look great on some people and total **** on others. I hate them as a fashion accessory.. I think something as permanent should be a considered decision, not a fad.

Permabanned
I've never been a fan of tattoos at all.

Recently however, I've found my mind wandering towards the possibility of having a few done. One on the back of my right shoulder and one just above my left ankle.

Want something small, but tasteful.

No idea really - I need to think more about it!

Caporegime
70% of tats I see look ghastly and make the owner look like they have a deficit of taste and good sense.

Sadly, this sums up my opinion too.

I can't work out if that's because I'm a bad person, or if tats genuinely are (mostly) horrible.

Actually I'd say more like 95% are ghastly. Including those worn by every single footballer I've ever seen.

Soldato
I like them and have a reasonable amount on me.

There are tons of bad ones though, more bad than good.

Neck/hand tattoos can only serve to hurt your prospects and people's immediate impression of you in a very strong negative manner in my opinion.

I seem to mostly get away un-judged with mine even though they're very visible, or at least people seem to keep any negative opinions to themselves.

Mostly though I don't really mind what people think of mine. If it were to put you off interacting with me as you would if I didn't have them then that's a shame, but I think that a) that's pretty rare and b) if it's enough to really get stuck in your craw that much then you're probably not someone who I'd really miss in my life, because we probably wouldn't get on very well anyway.

Soldato
I think on the whole tattoos are a gratuitous display for the vain.

There are exceptions where tattoos can enhance the character & identity of a person, but only really if they already some way exceptional, like a rock star. And by "exceptional" I don't necessarily mean talented or special, just a person who is out of sorts and not defined by rules and conventions most everybody else follows.

If you're not in this exceptional category or don't wish to pertain to being known as exceptional (by definition, you only wear a few tattoos and with no real distinction), you're merely a follower trying to emulate and purvey an image of yourself different to what it really is, similar to certain "individuals" wearing burberry caps and fake designer branded clothing.

Last edited:
Soldato
I would never have one done personally as I feel they are too permanent - if I decide I don't like it anymore then it's a fuss to get it removed.

As for on other people, I don't mind that as long as it's tasteful. But, as said in this thread many times, most people wouldn't know what tasteful was if it sat on their face. So generally when I see tattoos I tend to roll my eyes somewhat.

Back
Top Bottom