iPhone 5 Tariffs

Associate
Cheers for the heads up :) Where did you hear this?

My claim is 'On-Ice' at the moment. Also, can you confirm whether you found an option for £96.96 on the cashback due as I only saw £96.00

EDIT: This is actually for Top Cashback, but I presume it's the same issue for both Quidco and Top Cashback

£96.88 from Three when I ordered. Looks like it's increased slightly on the Quidco page since, but I'll be happy with that to be honest, as it'll pay for Applecare (as well as getting rid of the 4S for cash).

Soldato
Me too. Had my iphone 4 new from them on a 12 month contract and they contracts were much better. Think I paid £330 for the handset then £20 a month for 12 months with 200 mins and unlimited internet. Not sure how many texts I had but remember it was more than enough.

Think I will buy a 32gb iPhone 5 direct from Apple and try three for a change. That £12.90 rolling monthly contract (+£25 back on Quidco). Cost of ownership works out really competitive if I have my maths right.

Well, looks like iam going to have to buy it out right and use my current Tesco sim deal. I think iam paying 12p/m.

Anyone know if Tesco will send out nano sims, as a replacement for my micro sim? So I can keep the current tariff iam on.

Whats this Three deal with Quidco?

Soldato
A quick question you may be able to help with. I ordered two iPhone 5s through Quidco with £75 cash back each. As some of you have touched on they had a bit of an issue with the cash back. My cash is showing as tracking in my account, is there anything to worry about or should it be ok?

Thanks

Soldato
A quick question you may be able to help with. I ordered two iPhone 5s through Quidco with £75 cash back each. As some of you have touched on they had a bit of an issue with the cash back. My cash is showing as tracking in my account, is there anything to worry about or should it be ok?

Thanks

Cash back is never a guarantee. If it tracks that's a good start. You only worry when a) It doesn't track after a few days or b) it gets declined.

Associate
OP
Just paid £209.99 for Black 32GB, tariff is £26pm with o2 friends and family discount. :D

Now I just need to sell my iPhone 4 32GB.

Soldato
Quick question - Why is the deal so much better on three?

The One Plan.
24 month contract

All-you-can-eat data
2000 any network minutes
5000 texts
5000 Three-to-Three minutes

£39
a month.
+ £89 upfront cost

Si.

Si.

Soldato
Picked up an iPhone5 this Am and a Three Sim. Took about 3 hours for the sim to become active but I've not got any data connection, any idea how long this takes to kick in or do I have a problem?

Soldato
MOVING TO EE IF YOU HAVE A 4G PHONE
If you’re already with Orange or T-Mobile and have a 4G LTE ready phone, or have recently bought one that’s SIM-free, here’s some great news — you can start using superfast 4GEE from EE when we launch our brand new network. Here’s how:
  • Make sure you have a 4G LTE ready phone on Orange or T-Mobile
  • Make sure you’re happy that you can use 4GEE where you want to
  • You’ll need to choose a new EE plan and sign up to a new EE contract
  • We’ll send you a new SIM and you’re good to go
Register for updates and we’ll be in touch when 4GEE launches.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A 4G PHONE ON ORANGE OR T-MOBILE
If you recently bought an iPhone 5 on a contract on Orange or T-Mobile you’ll have the option to move to EE once it launches.

GOT AN iPhone 5 THAT YOU BOUGHT ELSEWHERE?
If you have bought your iPhone 5 in the UK you can move to EE. If you bought it from outside the UK you need to make sure it’s "GSM model A1429", as the other versions won’t work on our 4G network.

Here’s how to be ready to move to EE when it launches

• Join Orange or T-Mobile now on a 12 month SIM-only contract
  • If you’re already with Orange or T-Mobile as a pay as you go customer, or as a pay monthly customer on a 30 day plan just take a 12 month SIM-only contract on Orange or T-Mobile
  • If you’re already with Orange or T-Mobile and have a pay monthly 12, 18 or 24 month contract just register for updates and we’ll contact you

MAKE SURE YOU’RE HAPPY THAT YOU CAN USE 4GEE WHERE YOU WANT TO
4G will roll out across the UK. By the end of the year, it will cover these 16 cities: Belfast, Bristol, Birmingham, Cardiff, Derby, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Hull, London, Leeds,
Liverpool, Newcastle, Manchester, Nottingham, Sheffield and Southampton.
You will also benefit from the UK’s biggest 3G network, nationwide.

CHOOSE YOUR NEW EE PLAN AND SIGN UP TO A NEW EE CONTRACT
If you decide to move to EE you will need to start a new contract with EE.

There’s no charge to move. Depending on the cost of your Orange or T-Mobile plan and the EE plan you choose, you may need to pay more than you do today.

EE plans will be announced soon. All plans will be sold with a range of data allowances and bundles allowing you to choose the one that suits you best.

WE’LL SEND YOU A NEW SIM AND YOU’RE GOOD TO GO
As soon as you get the new SIM you will be able to enjoy superfast 4GEE internet speeds on your 4G LTE ready phone or device.

WHAT NEXT?
We’ll be in touch when 4GEE launches so sit tight until we do.

In the meantime, register for 4GEE updates and check us out on Twitter and Facebook to keep up to speed.

Can’t wait? Come back to this page once EE launches to find out how to request your move to EE.

T&Cs
4G: Subject to coverage. UK only. Pay monthly only. A compatible 4G plan on EE is required. You’ll have to agree to a new 18 or 24 month minimum term on EE. Other terms apply. No charge to move to EE if you join or upgrade on T-Mobile or Orange before 31 Dec 2012 and move to same length plan on EE or longer. Charges apply if you move to a shorter plan on EE. You’ll need to choose a new EE plan with the same monthly charge or higher than your old Orange or T-Mobile plan. iPhone 5: Phones from other networks will need to be unlocked by them. You should check with your network. Superfast 4GEE: just how fast your 4G will be depends on a couple of things: where you are and how many other people are using 4G too. Have a quick look at ee.co.uk for more info. Largest 3G network: based on total number of 3G transmitters. 5 times faster 3G: based on 1.5 Mbps UK average speed for 3G (source: most recent Ofcom speed survey) and 8-12 Mbps average speed for 4GEE (source: EE data). Coverage: When we launch 4G, not all of the cities listed will be immediately enabled. See ee.co.uk for more info. When 4GEE launches, you should complete a personal coverage check and decide whether to move to EE.
http://ee.co.uk/movetoee

Hmm, interesting the way they word the possibility of SIM only.

Soldato
Went in O2 yesterday to finally get my nanosim and noticed they were doing a better Simplicity plan for £20 than the one I pay £16.50 for from them - which winds up being £21.50 a lot of the time as I must go over the data allowance or something - so now I'm on unlimited texts/calls + 1GB for £20.

Soldato
Great ,

Best not be my courier on Monday If I were you , I am ****ed right now.

Email from Apple confirming delivery on the 21st , this was ordered at 8 AM the day the phone went live .

I waited in all day on Friday and no one answered , great . Thought it would get delivered today as my wife was in so no biggie I thought . Whilst I was out she received a call from Apple telling her it would be delivered on Monday between 8Am and 8pm .

Currently on hold to Apple customer Support for 45 minutes.

Once phone is delivered he's gonna get a baseball bat over his head

Last edited:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

329593228.png

329594902.png

Loving 3. Will probably wait to see what happens with 4G in the future but never had an issue.

Soldato
pdf to cut the sim down to nano size reportedly works.

just reading virgin mobile forum and people reporting no need to sand down as it sits flush in the tray.

guess im cancelling my 3 sim only deal. result £7 month existing contract here i come

Permabanned
Great ,

Best not be my courier on Monday If I were you , I am ****ed right now.

Email from Apple confirming delivery on the 21st , this was ordered at 8 AM the day the phone went live .

I waited in all day on Friday and no one answered , great . Thought it would get delivered today as my wife was in so no biggie I thought . Whilst I was out she received a call from Apple telling her it would be delivered on Monday between 8Am and 8pm .

Currently on hold to Apple customer Support for 45 minutes.

Once phone is delivered he's gonna get a baseball bat over his head

You are such a nice person.

Soldato
329593228.png

329594902.png

Loving 3. Will probably wait to see what happens with 4G in the future but never had an issue.

Did you come from O2?

Still pondering whether to change. Three can be a bit patchy with calls down here in hilly Cornwall so bit wary to change.

Back
Top Bottom