Black Mesa Source

Soldato
Got to we've got hostiles last night! Genuinely surprised how much better the AI is for the army... They aren't where I think they should be and are not as easy to kill (though the magnum is excessively good fun)

Soldato
In the part with the 4 tunnels to climb up and the tank, i ran around behind it and hid in the damaged building. Damn thing swung around and the gun barrel clipped though the wall and shot me in the face point blank. Some of the glitches are quite funny at times. :D

Associate
Finished this off last night. Completed on hard, pretty challenging. Ran very short of ammo on the final lambda core level. Best gun is without a doubt the gun you pickup before going in there. But generally I stuck to the shotgun, 1 carefully placed double shot (right click) to the face would finish a solider off.

Anyone else get horrendous performance on the final room? Had to put everything on the lowest of the low and it still had about 10 fps.

Caporegime
Finished this off last night. Completed on hard, pretty challenging. Ran very short of ammo on the final lambda core level. Best gun is without a doubt the gun you pickup before going in there. But generally I stuck to the shotgun, 1 carefully placed double shot (right click) to the face would finish a solider off.

Anyone else get horrendous performance on the final room? Had to put everything on the lowest of the low and it still had about 10 fps.

Yeah, I too had a very noticeable fps drop in that part.

Associate
Just started it last night, didn't get far yet, but loving what I've seen so far. Kleiner was fantastic - the model and voice were both great. Eli's voice wasn't quite so good, but I can forgive them that. It's great that it manages to be such a faithful copy of the original, with lots of mini 'easter eggs' (like the microwave, or the early G-Man appearance) from the original, and yet they've still managed to make so many small changes that still keep it interesting for anyone who's played the original to death. I've barely scratched the surface, I've only just got the pistol, but I'm really impressed by it so far.

Associate
I'm impressed with the work that's evidently gone into this mod, particularly some of the humour.

However, I do feel it's all rather dull, but that's probably more the original game coming through. Just seems to be room after room, little story, a bit empty etc. And no I'm not a Call of Duty die-hard either!

Associate
"spoiler" i'm lost in that level where' you come to surface....just when you go under water to the other side.

any help?

Are you talking about "Surface Tension", the bit with the dam? If so you have to walk to the end after you come through the dam and go through the pipes on your left.

Caporegime
If you load the game during the battle (or more accurately, after the particle effects start on the lambda core), then the fps tanks. If you load from close to the beginning of the buildup, then fps is fine.

Strange bug...

Interesting, and afaik, the game only uses one core. I guess that must play a part since source games are cpu dependent. :)

Back
Top Bottom