*** Official Planetside 2 Thread ***

Associate
Had a lot of fun tonight actually as well, the patches are reallllly making it better, the galaxies without spawns and sunderes with spawns is amazing. A lot of the issues brought about by the latest patch have just been hot fixed.
Game is really shaping up.

Associate
Which EU server are most people now playing on? Currently on Chaldene and it seems a bit empty.

Edit: I retract my earlier comment. It's actually fairly busy

Last edited:
Soldato
This game has become incredibly boring all of a sudden, feels like a job to play it. Until they do something about population balance then I will just avoid it, what is the point in playing on a server that has 50% NC? It's just pointless and a constant grind.

Also, why are all the populations LOW on all EU servers ? Have people given up on this turd already ?

Associate
We're playing on Thyone.

Was very busy last night, those blasted TR had pushed the NC almost back to our Warpgate, but they did have a pop advantage of about 20% though.

Hope they introduce Pop caps soon like they say they are to help balance things a bit better, but they need to increase the extra Resource/Xp you get when in a low pop faction on a server to keep people fighting there.

Soldato
This game has become incredibly boring all of a sudden, feels like a job to play it. Until they do something about population balance then I will just avoid it, what is the point in playing on a server that has 50% NC? It's just pointless and a constant grind.

Also, why are all the populations LOW on all EU servers ? Have people given up on this turd already ?

I think its mainly because a ton of new games have come out the past few days such as borderlands 2 and torchlight 2. Hopefully they will bring in the pop limits soon.

Was taking a few pot shots at you earlier in game nitram sadly didn't get the kill :p

Associate
We're playing on Thyone.

Was very busy last night, those blasted TR had pushed the NC almost back to our Warpgate, but they did have a pop advantage of about 20% though.

Hope they introduce Pop caps soon like they say they are to help balance things a bit better, but they need to increase the extra Resource/Xp you get when in a low pop faction on a server to keep people fighting there.

I completely disagree, I love it with the recent patch changes. A lot more fun and a lot more big fights

Associate
I completely disagree, I love it with the recent patch changes. A lot more fun and a lot more big fights

Not too sure what you actually disagreed with?

The pop caps are going to be a necessity (confirmed by the Devs as inbound) when on Thyone (may differ per server) the TR had 48% pop and the NC were stuck on 22% and VS making up the rest.

There has to be some equality or extra incentive for the lower pops to keep fighting and currently all that seems to happen is the lower pop gets steam rolled & then quit which makes the server even more imbalanced. The current bonus the lower pops receive is measly and doesn't make people want to hang around unfortunately.

It's something that needs sorting as it could ruin the game if they don't get it right. It might be fine & dandy on some servers or if you play on a high pop faction, but there'll be less enemies to fight = boring & empty game.

Associate
I signed up for the beta ages ago... Should I have received a key by now? It sounds like all stages of the beta have started?

If any one has a spare key though... Email in Trust! ;)

You're signed up for the Open Beta.

The current keys given out & people are testing the Closed Beta.

Soldato
Tonight on my server (who knows which eu one) at one point TR had almost the entire map, 3 hours later its VS having it almost all. There was a lot of zerging, but I just started getting the feeling of whats the point? It was about this point in playing PS that i went and played WWIIOL and found that a lot more logical with a win/lose scenario, but obviously that doesn't work here. For that, and the terribly lazy flight model, I dont think ill be bothering long term. Quite fun now though and see what happens at launch.

Soldato
Tonight on my server (who knows which eu one) at one point TR had almost the entire map, 3 hours later its VS having it almost all. There was a lot of zerging, but I just started getting the feeling of whats the point? It was about this point in playing PS that i went and played WWIIOL and found that a lot more logical with a win/lose scenario, but obviously that doesn't work here. For that, and the terribly lazy flight model, I dont think ill be bothering long term. Quite fun now though and see what happens at launch.

As the devs have posted a few times now, wait until you see the game running with multiple continents so you can get proper meta-game going. As whilst a server is limited to one continent you're essentially playing little more than 3 way TDM.

Back
Top Bottom