X-Factor 2012

Soldato
there is actually some very good singers in this years show.

i'm glad cowell's out of it. as has been touched on, he was more about marketing an image as oppossed to someone who could actually sing.

Permabanned
Sorry but if these people actually loved music, they would be playing their own instruments, writing their own songs, and producing their own material, not just turning up to an audition and singing a song and pretending that they've spent a lifetime trying to achieve their dreams like some 5 year old wanting to be a fireman so he can actually drive the awesome red truck one day.

And if it was a genuine talent contest, then the judging would not be dependant on clueless 14 year olds ringing in to vote for whoever made them wet their pants.

Last edited:
Soldato
Quite annoyed Joseph Whelan didn't go through but Rylan did. Other than that it was a bit meh. The poisonous twins or some rubbish and the larger lass with painted on eyebrows really are everything that is wrong with fashion as well.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I can't believe how thick two of the girls are.
They have just been asked questions:

Who is the Prime Minister?
Ans: George Bush

What is the capital of Australia?
Ans: Sweden

Probably staged or similar, assuming the are British I find it hard to believe anyone would think George Bush was prime minister. I can understand people getting it wrong and saying some other famous British polititian, maybe even Obama if they misinterpeted the question, but a former US president seems really unlikely because it shows some degree of awareness.

Could be they did some weird mindphuk thing with them beforehand, loads of focus on Sweden so it is in the mind, and it sounds a bit like Sydney (which I'm aware isn't the capital, but it is probably the most famous Australian city).

Caporegime
Sorry but if these people actually loved music, they would be playing their own instruments, writing their own songs, and producing their own material, not just turning up to an audition and singing a song and pretending that they've spent a lifetime trying to achieve their dreams like some 5 year old wanting to be a fireman so he can actually drive the awesome red truck one day.

And if it was a genuine talent contest, then the judging would not be dependant on clueless 14 year olds ringing in to vote for whoever made them wet their pants.

Typical nonsense comment from someone who hasn't even watched the episodes. there are more than a few people playing instruments and writing their own (pretty awesome) songs. Google Lucy Spraggan for example, who is as original as it gets. Please do your research before posting tripe. :)

Associate
Quite annoyed Joseph Whelan didn't go through but Rylan did.

This x10. They kicked out one of of the most talented guys for the token weirdo.

No surprise though, we all know how much of a money making scheme this program is, this isn't the first time and wont be the last strange decision made.

Soldato

FINALLY!!!

Somebody who understands what the show is really about. Celebrity and fame. Nothing more. Nothing less. These contestants want to be famous and rich.

In itself, there is nothing wrong with this. But to start crying when they lose the opportunity for CELEBRITY is just wrong.

These contestants are in it, purely for themselves and if they fail - I have no sympathy. I may shed a tear if they were donating their organs or limbs to other people. Or perhaps devoting their lives to helping other people. But crying when appearing on a show, to become famous - I have no sympathy.

The contestant who was saying that he is doing XFactor for his son - this may well be the case, but I find it hard to believe. There are many other honest professions out there and if he really wants to do something for himself, then stick at a regular job and provide for his son. Millions of people do this on a daily basis, without going on XFactor. This guy made me cringe.

I watched the boot camp episodes over the weekend, which I thoroughly enjoyed - great TV! There are some genuinely good singers, but as we saw 2 years ago, in M.Cardle, a great singing voice does not guarantee success.

I also saw the first episode of Xfactor USA today and Britney Spears certainly has added a lot of spice. In the first episode, she judges an old acquaintance of her's, who in a past life, has clearly done her wrong. The guy was blubbing like a little girl (with guilt) and should have received some Airplane slaps.

Soldato
Typical nonsense comment from someone who hasn't even watched the episodes. there are more than a few people playing instruments and writing their own (pretty awesome) songs. Google Lucy Spraggan for example, who is as original as it gets. Please do your research before posting tripe. :)

Right. So, out of 1000s of contestants, we have 1 person who writes and sings who own material. I shall give you that. Please name me a few more.

Certainly, there are some genuine "artists", who have been working hard on their trade. However, the vast majority (perhaps over 95%) of the contestants, just want to be famous. In any case, I have nothing against that - if people want to be famous, good luck to them. But to cry and claim that they have spent all their lives attempting to make it in the industry, is just ridiculous. Some of them are still at school, for Christs sake!

Last edited:
Caporegime
FINALLY!!!

Somebody who unde
rstands what the show is really about. Celebrity and fame. Nothing more. Nothing less. These contestants want to be famous and rich.

In itself, there is nothing wrong with this. But to start crying when they lose the opportunity for CELEBRITY is just wrong.

These contestants are in it, purely for themselves and if they fail - I have no sympathy. I may shed a tear if they were donating their organs or limbs to other people. Or perhaps devoting their lives to helping other people. But crying when appearing on a show, to become famous - I have no sympathy.

Get. Over. Yourself. Seriously.

How many of the classic musicians of the 70's-90's didn't want to be rich and famous? Were doing it "just for the music"? For the good of mankind? Your posts are nothing short of absolutely cringeworthy.

Soldato
Could be they did some weird mindphuk thing with them beforehand, loads of focus on Sweden so it is in the mind, and it sounds a bit like Sydney (which I'm aware isn't the capital, but it is probably the most famous Australian city).

Dude. I think the simpler explanation that some people in this World are just plain thick, is easier to explain the reason for their answers ;)

Did Rhian in Celebrity Big Brother claim that 20% of 100 is 5. And when asked the question again, she re-iterated that 20% of 100 is 5.

Reality TV isn't usually great, but when little gems like this occur, they should be savoured. :)

Soldato
Get. Over. Yourself. Seriously.

How many of the classic musicians of the 70's-90's didn't want to be rich and famous? Were doing it "just for the music"? For the good of mankind? Your posts are nothing short of absolutely cringeworthy.

We have to agree to disagree on that one.
And I think you should get over yourself.

Permabanned
Erm I know quite a few people who write music, and plenty more who play instruments to beyond grade 8 standard because they simply enjoy it and aren't bothered about ever getting famous.

You write and record 3 songs, get them copyrighted and send them on a demo CD to recording studios. If you're good at music you'll get a contract that way. Plenty of people can claim to write their own songs and play an instrument sure, but chances are they are terrible at it, or havnt been doing it for long because they aren't really interested. Oh right I remember that Cher Lloyd thing said it writes its own songs ... Yet everything with its name written on it was dung.

If you don't have the facilities or finances to do that yourself, you can always study a music diploma / degree where the final year project on several modules would be writing 3 songs / compositions, along with performance options for whatever you like to do. Those can then be submitted wherever you want, which is exactly what people who actually love and are good at music would be doing.

I don't even remember anyone that's won the x factor, at least not for any of their music. I was randomly searching animal videos on YouTube today and came across Alexandras new song 'Elephant', and it turned out to be nothing but absolute crap.

Last edited:
Permabanned
there is actually some very good singers in this years show.

There's been plenty of great singers in the past, yet the chance of them ever creating any good music through going on the X Factor is nil. There are far too many people wanting to be singers, yet no where near enough people capable of writing decent music for them.

The main issue is that the X Factor is really just a popularity contest looking to grab as much money each year possible. They normally drop the winning act after just one Album and leave them to find other management / record deals if they get lucky enough after the garbage songs they were given on their first albums. They have zero commitment to the long term career / success of any of the contestants.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Erm I know quite a few people who write music, and plenty more who play instruments to beyond grade 8 standard because they simply enjoy it and aren't bothered about ever getting famous. .

What does you knowing a "few people who play instruments not wanting to be rich and famous" have to do with the many who are actually famous musicians and who wanted to be rich and famous? :confused:

That's like saying: "Oh, I know a few good drivers, but they don't want to get into F1..."

Jesusbuddypic.jpg

Man of Honour
I love X-Factor and have always watched the USA and Australian versions including the Idols and Got Talents.
People who know me think I'm mad because I've been performing on average twice a week for the last 42 years, writing music and playing the 4 main rock instruments to a pretty good standard.
I don't have a problem with a 14 year old entering X-Factor who has been singing 'all their life' in the bathroom and have wanted to be a singing star 'all me life'.
If they get on that stage and make a great sound then they deserve it even though some people think I deserve it more because I've been doing it for 42 years and done my apprenticeship.
The thing is I know what the judges would be thinking and I know how far I could possibly go before common sense kicks in.
Anybody deserves the chance if they can do it even if it's the first time they've performed.
However, the rest of what Bhavv says is true, it's certainly a career killer for most of them.

Caporegime
I love X-Factor and have always watched the USA and Australian versions including the Idols and Got Talents.
People who know me think I'm mad because I've been performing on average twice a week for the last 42 years, writing music and playing the 4 main rock instruments to a pretty good standard.
I don't have a problem with a 14 year old entering X-Factor who has been singing 'all their life' in the bathroom and have wanted to be a singing star 'all me life'.
If they get on that stage and make a great sound then they deserve it even though some people think I deserve it more because I've been doing it for 42 years and done my apprenticeship.
The thing is I know what the judges would be thinking and I know how far I could possibly go before common sense kicks in.
Anybody deserves the chance if they can do it even if it's the first time they've performed.
However, the rest of what Bhavv says is true, it's certainly a career killer for most of them.

Agree with this. I also think though that you can never really know if someone really has true star quality until X-factor is over the a career really kicks in. it takes a special type of charisma and persona to keep the momentum going after a show like the X-factor ends, and I think it's after the first year when it really shows who can make it and who just doesn't have that special something in the end. X-factor gives people a solid platform to launch a career, and the best chance to make it that they can get... the rest I guess is down to them, how marketable they prove to be, and especially how they appeal to the public in the long-term.

Permabanned
I have no problem with people going on the show, but none of them have ever had decent 'world class' music, nothing the X factor has produced for its winners has been decent, and the 'job' they get after winning / being in the final 10 is so temporary and a few later they are completely fogotten.

So what if 5 people on the show can play the guitar ... That's like 5 people out of 1 million or so hopefuls. The X factor in 6+ or so years has failed to create just one memorable or hugely successful artist, you would think that a show of this scope and popularity would have been able to create someone as successful as Adele or Beyonce within that timespan, but it hasn't.

And the tiny minority of hopefuls who do claim to play instruments / write their own music, how good are they at that really? Where are their personal recordings of themselves playing instruments or recordings of their own songs before going on the X factor?

Will young, Gareth Gates, the fat girl from Pop idol 2, Steve, G4, Shane Ward, Leona Lewis, and the rest of the hopefuls from all these shows, where is their music career today? Does anyone even remember them because I surely don't. Not one single memorable decent song between any of them, everything they were given is equivelent to Justin Beiber / Rebecca Black today.

Loving the entertainment value of the X factor as a TV show is entirely different to realizing that it actually fails year after year at producing anything decent for its winner.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom