*** iPhone 5 - Revealed! ***

Soldato
I tried one today - and was rather unimpressed vs my Iphone 4

yes did feel quicker, but I didn't feel that screen looked thatmuch better, or that extra screen area was of any use

I was hoping for improved battery life - but that doesn't seem to be the case frominitial reports

so I think I'll stick to what I have - the 4 still doesn't feel slow

I could keep my 4, get an Ipad3 and a Nexus 7 and still be quids in vs getting an Iphone 5 :)

I've just upgraded from a 4, trust me, this thing is FAST. My 3 year old message database takes ~2 seconds to load on my iP4, it is instant on the 5.

Apps open instantly, star walk loads quicker than a 4S and is much smoother to boot.

If it is worth spending £300+ upgrading to a 5 from a 4 is a tricky choice, but I love the speed.

Soldato
I am considering taking mine back. Not because I don't love the phone, I really do, just I don't want to end up in a situation where in a few months time it looks absolutely ghastly with silver scratches everywhere just from normal use and I'm stuck with it, £600 on a phone that will look like a £6 phone unless in a case will be a bitter pill to swallow.

Maybe Apple will address the problem soon?

It won't look like a £6 phone in a case. My wife has the white, and has a very slim "smoke" case on hers and it looks just as good as the bare phone does.

Soldato
My 3g is definately (or seems it) quicker than it was before. Maybe its just in my head

Is everyone elses screen warmer (yellowish) than the 4 /4s? A guy at works 4s almost looked cool, blue even next to my ip5

Could very well be, what network are you on? The iPhone 5 supports DC-HSPA+ which has been rolled out by O2, Vodafone and Orange, which tops out at ~42mbps.

Soldato
Well since everybody else doing

Yesterday toll:

at 5%
6 hours something usage
25 something hours stanby

Right now:

at 76%
1hour 34m usage
21hours 49 standby

So your battery Nikolic does not seem right, try letting it run to empty and then charge it to full maybe or you usage was some really intense games/ applications I guess.

Soldato
I'm struggling on the battery so far. I've already let it run right down once but it still seems like it is running down too quick.

41% after today, with usage 4 hours 21 minutes of just a bit of browsing and texting. Two photos, no music (didn't carry over after restoring from my old Iphone 4) and no use of the GPS for any length of time - I'll normally have a 30 - 40 minute run with it.

So far it is worse then my old iPhone 4, and I'm dreading using the GPS as that seems to kill the iPhone 5 battery very quickly. Good job I can't run with Nike+ for a couple of hours...

A few weeks back I did a 6 1/2 hour hike with my iPhone 4, using Runmeter for the journey, checking every now and then to view location and the maps. It survived the whole day, and the night too on standby. The 5 doesn't look like it would be able to compete - let's hope things settle down a bit.

Soldato
Well I've probably made the dumbest mistake of my life, but for the first time ever I've moved to the S3 camp. The early reports of the 5's 'issues' just put me right off buying one as I couldn't justify spending £530 on a phone that I will most likely scratch at some point. Even though I do look after my phones superbly.

My main issue is iOS really. I am burnt out on it, and am tired of JB'ing each release to get the tweaks I really need. G.Maps abscence (which I do heavily rely on) doesn't help. That said I still have my iPad3 which I love, and I'll most likely look at the iPhone again on it's next release iteration. In the meantime my pristine iPhone4 will go to my parents.

For now, it's time for something different!

Soldato
Another day, although early, and another sign that the battery in the iPhone 5 is either much poorer than in the iPhone 4 or I have a duff example.

This morning I left the house with 100% charge as normal. One use of Facebook and one check-in on Foursquare and to date 21 minutes of streaming Radio 5 on TuneIn radio - 88% already! I'm in a three bar 3G area. The 5 is losing battery almost twice as fast as the 4 used to! Very poor.

Associate
Well I've probably made the dumbest mistake of my life, but for the first time ever I've moved to the S3 camp. The early reports of the 5's 'issues' just put me right off buying one as I couldn't justify spending £530 on a phone that I will most likely scratch at some point. Even though I do look after my phones superbly.

My main issue is iOS really. I am burnt out on it, and am tired of JB'ing each release to get the tweaks I really need. G.Maps abscence (which I do heavily rely on) doesn't help. That said I still have my iPad3 which I love, and I'll most likely look at the iPhone again on it's next release iteration. In the meantime my pristine iPhone4 will go to my parents.

For now, it's time for something different!

iOS is the main reason for me not getting the iphone 5 as well. I wouldn't say i am bored of it but like you i update then jailbreak on every update to get it just the way i want it. I have just ordered a galaxy note. Hopefully i will not regret it either. I will keep my 4's for a couple of weeks yet to make sure i am happy with the note.

Still happy with my ipad 3 wouldn't swap that for android. Might have a look at the 6 when it comes out next year by then i might have got fed up of android.

Soldato
Another day, although early, and another sign that the battery in the iPhone 5 is either much poorer than in the iPhone 4 or I have a duff example.

This morning I left the house with 100% charge as normal. One use of Facebook and one check-in on Foursquare and to date 21 minutes of streaming Radio 5 on TuneIn radio - 88% already! I'm in a three bar 3G area. The 5 is losing battery almost twice as fast as the 4 used to! Very poor.

I'd give it a few more days, oh and Foursquare.. really?

Soldato
The GF yesterday lost 5% after about an hour of texting and gaming whilst sat on a coach which is much much better than her 4S, I used to empty my 4S so many times a day with work it's a pointless comparison.

I'd double check your brightness too, I was experiencing awful battery life on my One S, messed with the brightness/standby settings and it made so so so much difference.

Associate
I ordered my phone awhile ago and they took the money , the money has now been returned but the order is still outstanding with a few weeks to run, is this normal?

Thinking about just going to an apple store today and trying it....wise or not or should i ring them first.

Man of Honour
I ordered my phone awhile ago and they took the money , the money has now been returned but the order is still outstanding with a few weeks to run, is this normal?

Thinking about just going to an apple store today and trying it....wise or not or should i ring them first.

Yep that's normal :)

Soldato
Opened the wife's iPhone up yesterday and didn't have any scratches on it. Guess we are lucky as our phones came together and both are immaculate. Hopefully they stay that way!

Back
Top Bottom