*** iPhone 5 - Revealed! ***

Soldato
I saw the 5 for the first time today as one of the construction workers at work has bought one. First impressions were that the display utterly blew my iPhone 4 away. It looked so bright and vibrant. The next thing to hit me was how light it was as I had forgotten about that.

It does look lovely in the flesh I have to admit and I couldn't see any damage on his...for now.

Soldato
The blackberry I used a few years ago at work lasted 6 days with emails constantly on and quite a few calls. That was also smaller than any iphone

done

My battery currently on

2 hours 54 min usage
16 hours 17 min standby

57% left

Yeh, but I doubt your blackberry had a fraction of the processing power of an iPhone 5 or the screen size. I'm finding the battery life very good. You should try using my previous phone, a galaxy nexus. Whilst a very good phone, the battery life was horrendous.

Soldato
Anyone else tried using the premium Apple Headphones as a handsfree?

aEtXl.png

I was using them yesterday and they were unusable. So much interference coming through. No problem with the new earpods however but I'd like to use my premium ones as they sound much better.

Soldato
Anyone else see this? (probably not the best photos but the ip5 is definitely warmer / more yellow than my 4s

Between myself and my partner we've had every iPhone since the 3gs and noticed the colour changes each generation.

3GS was quite cool -> 4 went warmer -> 4s went cooler (but warmer then the 3GS) -> 5 went warmer again.

Man of Honour
just got the fabled IP5 in my hands for a colleague at work... he has the 'ding of death'

like tim says, it oozes quality as you run your fingers across the sharp ridge of the ding, amazing!, i almost cut myself (as no doubt many emo owning IP5 owners will do when they find out they have one also lol)

ding.jpg

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Pre-ordered on Saturday 15th @ 9am and got my text this morning to say its out for delivery :)

Bad news is that no one is home til about 2pm :(

Made even worse thats its UKMail and nearest depot for me is miles away so collection tonight is unlikely too. Going away tomorrow night as well until late Saturday makes it even worse :(

What? :mad:

I pre ordered on the 14th and you pre ordered a day later and its out for delivery? :mad:

Soldato
Between myself and my partner we've had every iPhone since the 3gs and noticed the colour changes each generation.

3GS was quite cool -> 4 went warmer -> 4s went cooler (but warmer then the 3GS) -> 5 went warmer again.

Just compared a 4, 4s and my 5. The yellow on 'notes' on the 4 looked more like white, 4s looked yellow and 5 looks like darker yellow

Im just used to the white on my 4s instead of the warmer yellow look of the 5. Not sure why an ip5 demo model in pc world was white like my 4s.

Still not sure if it has anything to do with glue setting. Im taking my ip4s and 5 into an apple shop and comparing next to a demo model on friday - also getting my 4s lock button repaired / swapped out for another phone

Soldato
http://www.displaymate.com/Smartphone_ShootOut_2.htm

If it wasn't posted already.

Conclusions: An Impressive iPhone 5 Display…
Smartphone displays are continuing their rapid evolution in performance. Apple has again taken the lead in methodical refinements and factory calibration that are necessary to produce accurate very high picture quality. Based on our extensive Lab measurements the iPhone 5 has a true state-of-the-art accurate display – it’s not perfect and there is plenty of room for improvements (and competitors) but it is the best Smartphone display we have seen to date based on extensive Lab measurements and viewing tests. In particular it is a significant improvement over the display in the iPhone 4 with much lower screen Reflections, much higher image contrast and screen readability in high ambient lighting (the highest we have ever measured), and a significantly improved and accurate Color Gamut and Factory Calibration that delivers very accurate colors and very good picture quality. While it’s not quite as accurate as the new iPad, it is still probably more accurate than any consumer display you own (including your HDTV), unless you have a new iPad.

Associate
Trying to do a DFU restore but getting the message "the iphone could not be restored, Not eligible for current build" error message. (This is using a fully up to date Macbook Air).

Reset all settings from the the menu anyway, will see if battery life improves after that.

Last edited:
Associate
Picked mine up yesterday.

Was a bit worried about the whole scuff situation but fourtunatley both are in absolute pristine condition, no marks/dents anywhere thankfully.

It is a delight to use, so quick and sharp.

These comments may sound a bit fanboyish but at work I test and review android phones all the time and there are some good alternatives, notably the S3, but the iPhone5 just does feel worlds ahead of the S3, feels quicker, feels nicer to hold, just the whole Aurora of it feels right where as the S3 kinda still feels a bit 'half-*****' of an attempt in comparison.

Soldato
What? :mad:

I pre ordered on the 14th and you pre ordered a day later and its out for delivery? :mad:

Might be quicker depending on the model ordered. I originally ordered a black 32gb but changed to white 32gb later on. Possibly stock of that one has come in whereas yours hasn't?

Hope you get yours soon

Soldato
I have just been into vodafone, phones4u, tmobile, carphone warehouse and o2 comparing my 4S and my 5 against the demo ip5s

My screen is the same as the demo phones which is warmer (and appears more yellow on white screens) than my 4s.

All were very helpful even though I wasnt buying off then except phones4u. He was a total dick and justwanted to get rid of me as I wasnt buying

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Might be quicker depending on the model ordered. I originally ordered a black 32gb but changed to white 32gb later on. Possibly stock of that one has come in whereas yours hasn't?

Hope you get yours soon

Ah that's why. Na, can't be doing with the White Iphone. Just don't feel right..

I'll just have to wait....

Soldato
Just noticed a tiny bit of metal showing through the coating on the edge of one of the joins. It really is tiny but very annoying as I have treated this thing very carefully indeed. I can see it looking very tatty in 6 months time no matter how careful I am. Really not good for a 600 quid device sold on being a premium product. Wish I'd gone for the white now.

Back
Top Bottom