**The iPhone 5 accessory thread**

Associate
Cheeky little *******s Apple! I'll wait a few weeks but I really need a bloody adaptor as well as I'm going away and the place has a Music player with an Apple Doc on it. This might get a bit expensive :(

It's not necessarily authentication, but a chip to handle the dynamic switching of the pins, based on which direction the cable is plugged in.

Soldato
It's not necessarily authentication, but a chip to handle the dynamic switching of the pins, based on which direction the cable is plugged in.

If that is the case then I suppose they could get around that by making the cable so it only fits in one way. As long as plugging it in the wrong way doesn't do any damage I could live with that!

Associate
Picked up my black 32gig tonight. Got a tech21 case thrown in. There's a problem though. I can't get the damn thing on it! This is as close as I could get.

IMG_1208.JPG

I had my iphone 4 in a speck pixelskin hd. Think I'll just order the iphone 5 version of that instead

Soldato
I was in the O2 store picking up my NanoSIM and remembered I had the 10 off from Priority Moments so I picked up Griffin Reveal case for 4.99. Looks just like that one posted above, black rubber edge and clear plastic back.
The camera hole is bigger on mine though, I assume they manufactured them before they new the final design.

Careful with that. My wife got one as part of the iPhone 4 "antennagate" free case offer and after a while the rubber became very loose and all sorts of stuff got into the case and ended up doing a right number on the glass back - I've never seen so many scratches on a device before in my life.

Soldato
If anyone's after quality screen protectors, I have just applied one of these to my 5:

http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/ap...hone-5-screen-protector-steinheil-series.html

I really think they're the best out there.

I've not used any screen protectors since the 3S, which meant the 4 and 4S being naked. At the time i was worried if it was going to be the biggest mistake of my life, which turned out to be the best decision ever !

Gorilla glass doesn't not scratch, unless you're really really careless. My phones have always been sold as PERFECT ! not a single hairline scratch.

Can't vouch for the aluminum back on the 5 yet, since i've only had it less than one week. But now I've got a bumper on it, it slightly raises the back from rubbing on anything when its on a desk or surface, so it should be good.

Soldato
Anyone seen any cheapEr lightening cables anywhere yet? Need to order like 3 so would rather not pay £25 per cable from Apple!!!

Think I might get a pouch this time but considering how many times I dropped my other iPhone and the case saved it maybe I should get a snap on case!

Wow rip off Britain.. Only $19 in the US.

Soldato
got my belkin sheild case last night, very impressed with the look and feel of it - will post some pics up when I get time lol

Associate
I've ordered a black one for my 5 :) shipping starts on the 1st of October too, so not too long to wait.

Don't think it has a pull out tab though. Their 4s version didn't have one anyway. Think Belkin do an ok looking one with a tab.

Strangely mine arrive today despite saying it saying the 1st.

tmshIl.jpg

7IREil.jpg

It does actually fit in properly, didn't push it all the way down for the photo, oops.

Back
Top Bottom