Spec me a nice family beach holiday please (eg: Greece or Canary Islands)

Soldato
We want to go away end of October...

- Kids are aged 5 and 9.
- Sandy beach is important - Not too far away. eg: 5-10 min walk.
- Good swimming pool would be nice.

Basically just want a nice villa/apartment (self catering) wish some shops/restaurants nearby. Not looking for uber night life central, but something laid back and quiet where we can go to the pool/beach during the day, and go out of nice drink/meal some evenings...

Anyone recommend a resort/town/place? Spent ages look, and come up empty so far :(

Permabanned
Canary Islands are perfect for October.

One of the only places in Europe where the weather is nice all year round. Apparently October is one of the hottest months in Lanzarote, hope so, as I'm going next weekend!

Going to be staying at Costa Teguise, which is a lovely resort from what I've seen/heard. Very quiet too, you certainly don't get the rowdy stag party's etc.

Associate
Going to be staying at Costa Teguise, which is a lovely resort from what I've seen/heard. Very quiet too, you certainly don't get the rowdy stag party's etc.

+1

Costa Teguise ( http://www.lanzarote.com/costa-teguise/ ) is really nice - stayed there a few times with the family.

There are a couple of nice sandy beaches. One in particular is very family-friendly as it basically becomes a completely enclosed lagoon at low tide so very calm/small waves and warm sea. There is also a water park, and plenty of laid-back (and cheap) places to eat.

Permabanned
+1

Costa Teguise ( http://www.lanzarote.com/costa-teguise/ ) is really nice - stayed there a few times with the family.

There are a couple of nice sandy beaches. One in particular is very family-friendly as it basically becomes a completely enclosed lagoon at low tide so very calm/small waves and warm sea. There is also a water park, and plenty of laid-back (and cheap) places to eat.

Is that Jabillo mate?

Associate
Is this thread stalking my holiday history? We have also been to Los Alcazares a few times as a friend has a villa there.

Out of the two my choice for a family beach holiday would definately be Costa Teguise. Much nicer beach, everyone speaks English (unlike Los Alcazares- where even the person in the tourist information centre didn't speak English when we were there :confused: ), and plenty of places to eat with 'british-child-friendly' food options :o

Soldato
OP
Is this thread stalking my holiday history? We have also been to Los Alcazares a few times as a friend has a villa there.

Out of the two my choice for a family beach holiday would definately be Costa Teguise.

OK - Will take a look a "Cost Teguise". Looks promising!

and plenty of places to eat with 'british-child-friendly' food options :o

Grrr! Winds me up when people are abroad and feed their kids nuggets and chips. It's bad enough when they do it at home. Anyway, that's another topic! :)

Last edited:
Soldato
We want to go away end of October...

- Kids are aged 5 and 9.
- Sandy beach is important - Not too far away. eg: 5-10 min walk.
- Good swimming pool would be nice.

Basically just want a nice villa/apartment (self catering) wish some shops/restaurants nearby. Not looking for uber night life central, but something laid back and quiet where we can go to the pool/beach during the day, and go out of nice drink/meal some evenings...

Anyone recommend a resort/town/place? Spent ages look, and come up empty so far :(

Faliraki beach hotel. And no, Faliraki is hardly the party capital it used to be 10 years ago. The hotel itself is stunning and the service is something to experience. Since they've done it up I easily class it as 5*.

Right on the beach, swimming pool is lovely, two pool bars and 5-6 restaurants with one main restaurant.

I go every year.

Word of warning, it's very popular with the Germans and Russians. In my 3 years going there I've met two British couples and a group of British guys. For me it's not a problem, it's preferably actually, but for a lot of Brits it's off putting.

Commissario
Just got back from Tenerife, booked through lowcostholidays.com (and went through topcashback.com to claim £75 back). Recommend using them, although they add various extra costs at the end so don't look thinking you've found a great deal until you go to the checkout page!

Associate
Wow! Flights to Lanzarote will be approaching £2000 for the four of us end of this month! Can't justify that! :(

Ouch! :( That's what you get for trying to book something last minute where there's not a lot of competition for flights on that route. We've usually paid about £200 per person to Lanzarote, and that was in the summer school holiday season - but we booked almost a year in advance.

Soldato
OP
Ouch! :( That's what you get for trying to book something last minute where there's not a lot of competition for flights on that route. We've usually paid about £200 per person to Lanzarote, and that was in the summer school holiday season - but we booked almost a year in advance.

Elsewhere (eg: Menorca) is £200pp or less... :rolleyes:

Gav

Gav

Associate
Parque Santiago 3, 4 or 5 in Playa de las americas, Tenerife.

Nice self catering hotel with lots of decent, kid friendly restaurants nearby...

2min walk from the beach and the hotel has a great pool with shallow kiddies area. They also have a fenced off kiddies activity area with water slides etc....

link to photos

Soldato
OP
Parque Santiago 3, 4 or 5 in Playa de las americas, Tenerife.

Nice self catering hotel with lots of decent, kid friendly restaurants nearby...

2min walk from the beach and the hotel has a great pool with shallow kiddies area. They also have a fenced off kiddies activity area with water slides etc....

link to photos

Isn't Playa de las Americas quite clubby? ie: Lots of night time noise? Really really do not want that!

Back
Top Bottom