FTL - Faster than Light, Space Rogue - ( INDIE )

Associate
Do you not think that this is the beauty of the game though? It's completely different every time you play and can be completely unbalanced. Sometimes as hard as you try to fight there is no way you can get to the end... and I find this charming.

Associate
Even if you don't believe in the "no-win scenario" FTL proves otherwise! I have had terrible starts, mediocre sectors and insanely unfair encounters with triple shielded rocket touting monstrosities. My last attempt presented me with solar flaring suns THREE FTL jumps in a row!!! Half my crew died trying to put out the fires, door controls were destroyed (no venting) breached and thus without air!

I guess things like this will annoy some people but for me it has given me the most fun I have had in years, with truly laugh out loud moments and chair swirling, fist waving frustration!

Last edited:
Soldato
Even if you don't believe in the "no-win scenario" FTL proves otherwise! I have had terrible starts, mediocre sectors and insanely unfair encounters with triple shielded rocket touting monstrosities. My last attempt presented me with solar flaring suns THREE FTL jumps in a row!!! Half my crew died trying to put out the fires, door controls were destroyed (no venting) breached and thus without air!

I guess things like this will annoy some people but for me it has given me the most fun I have had in years, with truly laugh out loud moments and chair swirling, fist waving frustration!

Indeed. You just have to enjoy the chaos of it all. Sometimes you just know there's no hope, but you still cling to life -- the point is just to enjoy it, not chuck your dummy out.

Jumping next to flaring suns has provided some of the most insanely fun and tense situations I've come across so far, and survived!

Caporegime
finally some good luck :D
0qh9p.jpg

2 fat laser beams :D 8 shots in total from 2 guns.
charge time on the guns and 19seconds for the 5 shot and 13 seconds for the 3 shot one though so i best get my stealth up to lvl 3 :D
and a boarding drone of awesomeness!

omg just got given a burst laser mk2 aswell.....

how come almost every other game i had bugger all weapons now its giving me everything!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I finally completed the game earlier (on easy mode..I'm a wuss).

Quite an amusing weapon setup :D Pre-igniter meant that I could instantly fire 9 laser shots at the start of every battle.

so_lazy.png

Obviously that's kind of early on as I hadn't finished upgrading shields/cloak/etc.

Associate
I just had a play through where I had the pre igniter and two Burst Laser IIIs on the Red Tail. Was pretty mental; safe to say I got through the end boss.

Caporegime
its a shame the games so short even with its claimed "replayability"

they could have done so much more with a game like this

uv

uv

Soldato
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargghghhegeugfgdgker

Just had an awesome run all the way through, only to have drone city against the final boss :(

Associate
First time into the last sector and got owned by a ship right before the last boss...

Sigh.

Had a really good setup with the halberd beam and ion but in the end counted get past 3 levels of shields to do any damage and when they had missiles i was screwed. Had every upgrade i could ever want. GRR.

Didn't even see the final boss.

Soldato
its a shame the games so short even with its claimed "replayability"

they could have done so much more with a game like this
This.

I'd pay good money for a much bigger & detailed sequel (perhaps with a massive map, randomly generated with no invasion wave pushing you to the next zone all the time) - loads of side missions, main story, customisation etc.

Hell, I'd pay £30 for it lol.

Associate
£6 for over 40 hours of fun so far... so no complaints here. If there is a sequal I'm sure they'll do a good job :) I'd be happy if it was more of the same but a bigger universe, new tech and fancier graphics! I quite like the fact it can be completed and there is a scoring system. A throw back to games of old :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I played this game today, it's a lot of fun. I keep getting owned by some kind of bug things coming aboard my ship and unleashing hell upon my crew.

Soldato
According to steam I have 36hrs played! Still not beaten the final boss.

Although I like the randomness, I think it's just a bit too random at times.

Also very frustrating when you FINALLY get the missions to unlock the extra ships and you haven't got the right upgrade or crew member and have to wait for 20 more playthroughs to get it again.

Would you believe I got the stasis pod that unlocks the BIG ship at the bottom right (I think), but never got the 2nd event to unlock the ship :(
Still, I might get it again in another 36hrs :p

But still, for 6 quid I've had good value from it. Hopefully there will be more clones/iterations of games like this in the future.

Back
Top Bottom