Download Festival 2013 Lineup

Soldato
The Headliners have been confirmed for Download 2013, which takes place over the weekend of the 14-16 June 2013

Friday - Slipknot
Saturday - Iron Maiden
Sunday - Rammstein

Rest of Line Up Announced So Far

A Day To Remember
Alice in Chains
Bullet For My Valentine
Coal Chamber
HIM
Mastodon
Motorhead
Queens of the Stone Age
Stone Sour
The Gaslight Anthem
Thirty Seconds To Mars
Volbeat

Last edited:
Soldato
Posted in the 2012 thread

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=22853211&postcount=209

I said:

Epic headliners, tickets booked

RIP is better than being in a hotel as you still get the experience of staying on site, which is awesome, but without the total crap that comes with the main campsite.

...But seen as RIP sold out I'll be staying in a hotel in Derby this year...

Staying here, stayed there 2 or 3 times during Download before now and it's a decent place, round the corner from the station where the shuttle bus goes from and a few decent take aways and pubs up the road

http://www.thestuart.com/

Soldato
OP
Yeah, its by the Roundhouse now :D so less distance for me to stumble to the Holiday Inn, it was just a bit of info so you didn't wonder where they'd moved the bloody bus too :D

Soldato
Yeah, its by the Roundhouse now :D so less distance for me to stumble to the Holiday Inn, it was just a bit of info so you didn't wonder where they'd moved the bloody bus too :D

Yea nice one, I was in RIP last year so would have been like wtf! lol...

It still ok to use the bridge through/over the station? There was some argument over it in the past.

Soldato
Didn't seem to be any problems this year seemed to run quite smoothly other than the rain causing utter chaos on the friday.

Yea can imagine that was pretty... erm... fun?! The village on Thursday evening was epic, when we got back to the RIP camp we went in the pub totally covered in mud, it was great :p

Was there deffo people coming from the main side of the station over the footbridge with no trouble?

Soldato
Yep definitely people doing it as they were catching buses and walking to other hotels and that sort of thing.

Perfect mate nice one - I've stayed in The Stuart before and it's a lot nicer than the Travelodge/Holiday Inn places and I know all the take aways and pubs so might as well stay there - it's only like £70 more for the 2 of us so no big deal really! :D

Soldato
OP
The Holiday Inn Express I linked to in the 2012 thread has always been very good and at 102 a room inc breakfast and parking per night seems like a good deal. I've stayed there for every Download I've been to which is all but 2.

Soldato
The Holiday Inn Express I linked to in the 2012 thread has always been very good and at 102 a room inc breakfast and parking per night seems like a good deal. I've stayed there for every Download I've been to which is all but 2.

Yea they are pretty decent places, but I'm only paying £95 per night at The Stuart so it's win-win really! Granted no breakfast, but I get that in the cafe up the road!

Saying that... looking at the Ramada Encore... it's only £60 a night :eek: hmmm..... might just book both then decide later on haha

What day do you travel down there?

Last edited:
Soldato
Tempted to go.

I have seen all the headliners before (Slipknot at Download 05(?) and 09, and their own tour. Iron Maiden and Rammstein at Soni 2010), but wouldn't mind seeing them again.

Back
Top Bottom