Road Cycling Essentials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
So I've finally decided to sit down and customise my Garmin 500 info display fields, too much choice and my OCD is starting to kick in about the layout :p

The more I use this the more I love it, one of the best things I've purchased in a while.

Soldato
Dimple, how do you like those trousers, are they the waterproof ones or just the winter ones?
tempted to pop back there tomorrow and see if anythings left, but I've already blown £45 I didn't have!

Soldato
@Shamrock - Have you got more than one spoke reflector fitted to each spoke there in that photo?. Or did you just do them alternately, one on each spoke on each side of the wheel?.

I've fitted mine tonight and I have to admit I didn't notice before but I've got only 20 spokes on each wheel which is below the 'normal amount' if there is such a thing, I believe?. Have you guys who have the spoke reflectors fitted them one to each spoke on one side of the bike and then the same on the other side of the wheel?. As in my second pic below? :-

8ADbu.jpg

O0iJc.jpg

Soldato
Saw some vids on your tube, they do look pimp, like in this vid.

Hmm, perhaps I should be more creative in my reflector arrangement! My spokes don't have any symmetry though.

EDIT: Yeah I fitted one per spoke with them facing outwards depending on which side they are on. I have 32 spokes per wheel so had 8 spare and just doubled up on a few. I think I'm gonna start over and make a better looking pattern! :p

Last edited:
Soldato
What are Aldi jackets like? I can't get down before Saturday and I'm seriously close to buying something far more expensive.

Soldato
Quick heads up you can get £5 off anything on eBay if you pay with PayPal before 10pm with code: COUPONFROMEBAY

Took a punt on one of those 270lm lights + rear light for £1.99 delivered :)

Item #140848264609

Man of Honour
What are Aldi jackets like? I can't get down before Saturday and I'm seriously close to buying something far more expensive.

The lime green one in the picture is thinnish so I've bought it for when the weather gets a bit warmer next year.
The blue one will be nice under my winter coat but not good enough for winter weather on it's own.

Soldato
Quick heads up you can get £5 off anything on eBay if you pay with PayPal before 10pm with code: COUPONFROMEBAY

Item #140848264609

Awesome, nice find m8, thanks for sharing this. I've just done the same. I've already got two UltraFire Cree torches on my bike but this pack should come in handy as a spare. Can't go wrong for £1.99 delivered!!!. :eek:

Caporegime

Item #140848264609

Cheers boss. I'm going to take a punt on this one I think. Hopefully it'll make it's way over from Hong Kong OK...

Last edited:
Soldato

Item #140848264609

Brilliant, thanks! I don't commute or ride at night, but I was caught in a bit of a downpour this afternoon and a basic front light would have been good given how dark it went! Can't go wrong for £2!

InQ

InQ

Associate
Got a Winter Jacket, Winter long sleeve top and the winter trousers. Went for medium and they fit well (i normally buy large, well with the weightloss its getting towards medium now anyway!).
All are very good quality, certainly for the price, the Jacket (full length zip) is very very good, expect to be paying at least double for something as good. Also the Winter pants are a good fit, lockable zips on the legs and nice fabric with a good pad, cant argue for £14, again you would be spending double or more on DHB stuff from Wiggle and more for other brands.
I got some compression wear about 4-5 weeks ago from Aldi, it was for running but its all Crane branded stuff, again this is top quality for the peanuts it cost.

EDIT
The zips on some (or all, i dont recall) are YKK branded so decent.

Soldato

Item #140848264609

Cheers for that, i ordered a Smart R1 back light costing under £8 all in - well impressed :)

I wonder how many times you can use it, still undecided about my front light so look forward to how people get on with recent orders!!

Soldato
Thanks for the heads up in the Aldi stuff also, I'm gonna pop in tomorrow.

I'm tempted to get the toolkit and the stand, has anyone bought these and if so are they any good? Those spoke reflectors look funky also, may be tempted to get some even though I already have reflective strips on the side of my tyres.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom