Facebook Bug?

Associate
I've seen this being reported on a few twitter feeds, but apparently there is a bug in facebook that means all your private messages from 2008/2009 are on display on your timeline. I don't use timeline, so can't confirm. If this isn't true please delete this post. Thought it might be handy to know.

Soldato
If you're a Facebook hater, does that mean it's safe to assume you don't use it, and if so, what made you make a thread on it?

Associate
OP
My wife uses it a lot, so when I saw the information on my twitter feed I sent her a message. I thought I'd do a good deed and inform people here too. Turns out it was misinformation for which I apologise.
Not really a Facebook hater, just don't use it much since finding out how insecure anything you post on there is.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Funnily enough the news on the radio just spoke about this, they said Facebook investigated the rumour and found that it was as suspected, wall posts :p

Soldato
Ok, so this thread might not have started correctly, but something has happened to FB and I'd imagine they've changed the privacy settings again with the new style update as basically I can get on almost any ones pictures who aren't my friends.
Anyone have any idea where in the maze of crap I can change this.

Basically it is working for everyone I try, so if there is anyone you want to stalk, now is the time to do it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah yeah! Might as well stop the combo now! I'm not retarded, my parents had me checked. I thought this would be the perfect oppurtunity for you guys to go check out ex's or girls you like/don't want to add.

Associate
I can definitely say I have been effected up by this. A few messages from 2008/2009 appeared on my wall about a topic that was certainly not discussed in public. Deactivated Facebook in the mean time until the dust settles and some light is shed on the matter

Back
Top Bottom