• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gigabyte 660ti minimum fan speed 40%

Soldato
Hello, I recently upgraded from a GTX280 to a Gigabyte 660ti.
The Gigabyte has two large quiet(ish) fans, I have found a way to change the fan speed curve with MSI afterburner but I can’t get it to run slower than 40% at idle, even if I select 30%

Is the minimum fan speed perhaps a BIOS setting that I can’t change with software or is there a program that I can use?

If it is a BIOS setting is it a case of waiting for a BIOS update that allows lower than 40%

Soldato
OP
Seems quite high for auto though, my 670 on auto was 30%. (Reference)

The fan profile should change to how you want it? Weird for it not to.
I can change the profile with MSI Afterburner, I just can't select a speed lower than 40%, if I set it t 30% it stays at 40%

Oh well, it's not that loud as the fans are quiet anyway, I just wanted to set them lower when they are not needed but I guess the minimum fan speed is in the BIOS to stop people roasting their card with a low fan speed :confused:

Back
Top Bottom