*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Associate
'tis true! :(

I need to stop checking this thread every half hour as well, it only heightens my techno-longing!

Same over here :(

By the way, some guy in Korea is selling some 32GB Note 2's on Ebay since Korea have that version available. Only that one as far as I'm aware. Nobody actually has a 64GB one yet.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Gal...0914753941?pt=Cell_Phones&hash=item2323386595

Lots of people bidding on it though, but I'm sure he'll post more.

I'll get mine on contract though. hopefully I'll end up with the 32GB this month instead of the 16GB.

Soldato
So, any thoughts on pocket size (nuts can be fiddled from the other pocket surely?)

Am stuck on a Desire S with no free memory, can upgrade with voda AND get 20% off through work staff perks but it needs to be direct with them. Arrgghhh, so frustrating!

Last edited:
Associate
So, any thoughts on pocket size (nuts can be fiddled from the other pocket surely?)

Am stuck on a Desire S with no free memory, can upgrade with voda AND get 20% off through work staff perks but it needs to be direct with them. Arrgghhh, so frustrating!

I currently have an iPhone 4 32gb. Can't stand it. It's unuseable without a jailbreak, which makes the phone crash and get laggy. Accompanied with apples ******* of a child iTunes, it makes for the worst experience ever.

The note 2's size Is fine, it's comfortable in a pocket since the form factor is very thin. Tried it out in The Carphone Warehouse.

My phone just crashed during typing this the first time. If there's any spelling mistakes I blame lousy apple phone. Also I can't wait to uninstall the hell out of iTunes on my new PC with revo!

Last edited:
Associate
I really want a 32gb one of these. Can't decide colour yet but I'm trying to hold out in vain hope that it comes before the end of the week.

Permabanned
Loving mine :) Pen, battery, speed, Jelly Bean, speaker, screen are all as good as they say.

Put Nova Launcher on mine and it works a treat.

Soldato
Hi, writing this from my note 2 which ive had for 2 days now almost and wow is typing on it nice with the letter spacing! Im going to write a few random thoughts below:

Im finding that I aint using the s pen yet tbh....it just seems like no need when its easy to do stuff without it and I keep forgetting it even has one!

The screen is amazing. Its huge with a really sharp screen.

One thing im very surprised people aint banging on about more is the screen brightness at 578 nits or whatever. This thing is hugely more usable outdoors than any other phone ive used like s2/s3's etc. Im just setting it at max brightness 24/7! To clarify, in heavy sunlight any phone/tablet is useless but in normal daylight this is great! While my s2 seemed average at best in the same situation.

Battery life is still great despite what I just said about my brightness! and charges twice as fast as the s2 at a guess.

Browsing feels so so much smoother on this than on my old nexus 7 or asus transformer 300 at the same resolution / os, its insane. This aint me exaggerating but even on hard to run websites its ipad3-style smooth, while my tablets never are and jutter all over. Is tegra 3 just crap or?:) its got me considering note 10.1's now tbh! Both s3 and note 2's feel instant on android!

Last edited:
Soldato
am waiting for grey one...

as it is ages now since my last phone with stylus, what do you use sPen for ? notes?

when I change launcher from normal one, will I be able to drag videos on screen etc ? or is it a feature of samsung UI ?

Permabanned
Hi, writing this from my note 2 which ive had for 2 days now almost and wow is typing on it nice with the letter spacing! Im going to write a few random thoughts below:

Im finding that I aint using the s pen yet tbh....it just seems like no need when its easy to do stuff without it and I keep forgetting it even has one!

The screen is amazing. Its huge with a really sharp screen.

One thing im very surprised people aint banging on about more is the screen brightness at 578 nits or whatever. This thing is hugely more usable outdoors than any other phone ive used like s2/s3's etc. Im just setting it at max brightness 24/7! To clarify, in heavy sunlight any phone/tablet is useless but in normal daylight this is great! While my s2 seemed average at best in the same situation.

Battery life is still great despite what I just said about my brightness! and charges twice as fast as the s2 at a guess.

Browsing feels so so much smoother on this than on my old nexus 7 or asus transformer 300 at the same resolution / os, its insane. This aint me exaggerating but even on hard to run websites its ipad3-style smooth, while my tablets never are and jutter all over. Is tegra 3 just crap or?:) its got me considering note 10.1's now tbh! Both s3 and note 2's feel instant on android!

I have had both the Nexus 7 and the Transformer Prime and I agree that the Tegra 3 is a poor chipset. I think it is to do with a poor memory controller as it seems to stutter all the time.

Soldato
fdoYy.png
QM6Y0.png
xEoQy.png
MsoTr.png

2nd charge coming up :D

Wifi, bluetooth, gps etc on permanently. Music calls and some video done with bluetooth headphones.
Push gmail and exchange.
Loads of web browsing, facebook and twitter etc.
Im fairly sure i could go 6hrs plus screen with less media and voice. EPIC.

Permabanned
The battery is amazing. Its been off charge for an hour and a half, 44% screen time and a ten minute call on a Bluetooth headset. I have installed 3 games and changed all my notifications.

Now at 94% battery, epic!

Soldato
what does this mean? does a sim from S2 not fit straight in ?

the sim card in the Note 2 is a Micro sim - I just went to the 3 shop in town where they kindly cut down the old sim card from my original note which now fits and works perfectly in the new Note 2

Soldato
well just called buymobilephones to ask if their note 2 will be sim free and was told they always operate on the assumption that the phones are locked to networks as its cheaper for them. Only use sim free when they cant get from the network.

Thats them out of the window for me then, has anyone seen the orange deal anywhere else thats sim free? was panther 36 but with 7.50 net discount so was £110 for the phone, 28.50 a month for 600 mins, unlimited txt, 1gig data. If anyone seen this or similar with unlocked phone let me know please. Cant go above that monthly price as contract is not for me.

Back
Top Bottom