*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Soldato
Given that I'm already waiting, with no firm release date, and that I'm intending to keep this phone for at least 18 months, I suppose I might as well wait for the 4G LTE version.

Nothing is listed on the T-mobile website though - which is a little annoying. They have the LTE version of the S3 up, but nothing at all on the Note2 (3G or 4G). Or even the Note1 for that matter.

I'd give them a call, but experience tells me that their phone jockeys won't know any more than what's on the website.

Associate
Okay, So.... I called Vodafone, O2, T-Mobile and Orange. I was inquiring about the Note 2 and the larger size variants - 32GB and 64GB.

Vodafone - Note 2 coming by the end of the month. Definitely all storage versions.
O2 - Note 2 coming on the 22nd. They're not sure about the storage versions.
T-Mobile - Note 2 coming on the 15th. They're not sure about the storage versions.
Orange - Note 2 coming on the 15th. They're not sure about the storage versions.

I'm thinking the same sort of thing will happen just like with the S3. Vodafone will have to sole rights for selling the 32GB + 64GB in the UK. Just like they did with the 32GB S3.

Hoping O2 will have the 32GB variant :( Just be sure to check all the websites and they're 'Coming Soon' pages!

Associate
I think that the LTE version will be 32GB. It is how it is in Korea and it seems logical. I have never seen O2 stock anything in larger sizes, look at the S3 as an example and the original Note.

Associate
Has anyone rooted there Note 2 yet using the guide on XDA?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1901196 - CWM recovery with Auto Root, is the one i was looking at.

Mine was delivered to my parents house this afternoon (white), so going to pick it up on the way home. Also got my case delivered today.

So I'm looking to root tonight so that i can install all my apps from my titanium backup with user infomation.

Associate
Apologies for the multitude of questions...

Is the 4G version locked to and only available from EE? Would you need to buy it on a 4G EE contract?

Does this mean it is 1800MHz band only?

What are the model numbers for the 3G version and the 4G version respectively?

Given both 3 and Virgin intend to purchase EE 4G bandwidth, are the versions that they sell 4G, or will they wait until they can offer 4G before distributing their versions?

Thanks

Soldato
Apologies for the multitude of questions...

Is the 4G version locked to and only available from EE? Would you need to buy it on a 4G EE contract?

Does this mean it is 1800MHz band only?

What are the model numbers for the 3G version and the 4G version respectively?

Given both 3 and Virgin intend to purchase EE 4G bandwidth, are the versions that they sell 4G, or will they wait until they can offer 4G before distributing their versions?

Thanks

From what I can gather:

The only way to get a "4G LTE" Note2, or S3 for that matter, is direct through T-mobile or Orange (the LTE S3 is available for shipping now from the T-mobile website). I fully expect that these devices will be network-locked.

I'd expect the same thing from Virgin and 3 - at some stage they will start offering network-locked LTE Note2s.

I'm sure that sim-only 4G handsets will be available at some point, but I haven't seen anything on them yet.

Associate
I think that the LTE version will be 32GB. It is how it is in Korea and it seems logical. I have never seen O2 stock anything in larger sizes, look at the S3 as an example and the original Note.

Seriously hope not. I'm guessing Orange + T-Mobile will be the only ones to get the LTE version, as well as some online sim-free retailers.

Don't think the 32GB version will be restricted to LTE only.

Also Vodafone have exclusive rights to be the only carrier allowed to stock the 32GB s3.

Associate
Yes and that's why it makes sense for EE to have an exclusive on the bigger capacity note.

I really want a flip cover. How long do I have to wait!?!?!

Soldato
I hope they don't... I couldn't care less about the extra internal capacity.

Why oh why are network-direct deals so bad?! I've been checking out the deals on the S3 as an example. They're about £5 more expensive than equivalent third party deals, plus they need an upfront payment for the phone of up to £100 (with third party deals offering a free phone).

I hate to think what the deals for the Note2 will be like. I hope we can get the LTE version through third parties - if not, it's going to be a bit of a pain.

Soldato
I wonder what developer support will be like with different versions of the phone, I'm sure ROMs etc won't be compatible between them.

On that note, anyone rooted yet?

Associate
The Carphone Warehouse website now says "Grey - Order now for delivery by Friday 5th October"

Although their £36 per month inc free phone deal on O2 has no data allowance! How could you get this phone and not want any data!:confused:

I just spoke to carphoneware house and i asked for the 37 ultd/ultd/2gb data/2gbwifi however when speaking to the sales man he said he can only give it to me with 1gb data :/ not impressed im back to square 1 by the looks of things :(

Soldato
I just spoke to carphoneware house and i asked for the 37 ultd/ultd/2gb data/2gbwifi however when speaking to the sales man he said he can only give it to me with 1gb data :/ not impressed im back to square 1 by the looks of things :(

FREE Handset
£15 cashback
Unlimited Internet
Unlimited Texts
2000 Mins

£36 per month (T-Mobile)

^ Is the best I've found so far although the Grey is NOT IN STOCK! If it was ready to ship and guaranteed here for Friday I'd have cancelled my giffgaff and taken my number over to T-Mobile already.

Back
Top Bottom