*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Soldato
^^^ It's a damn good deal.

For what it's worth, quidco are offering £30 cashback for all contracts purchased through buymobilephones.net (who are offering this deal), and I think there is another cashback service offering £30 on the same deal from mobilephonesdirect (see earlier in the thread).

Recently mobiles direct have been "counting down" their days to the grey phone, but that stopped today. Today it remains as "allow 3 days for shipping", which is the same as it was yesterday. Who knows what the real situation is...

If anyone knows of any other suppliers offering this deal, please post them!

Soldato
Tempted for adaway but might wait....

Please announce when you do, so we can see how painless it is (I presume it'll be pretty much the same as for the GS3)

and will you be changing DPI? I'd like to know how that works out, the Samsung apps/launcher/etc really didn't scale well at non-default DPI on the Note 1

Associate
If I was to end up going with a buymobilephones.net deal and it was not a sim free phone (As susspected a few pages back) what would that actually mean?

The phone being locked to a single network?

Having a load of uninstallable orange etc software?

Having to wait longer for updates compared to a Sim free phone?

Caporegime
Quote from TheReg's review of the Note;

'I’ve no idea what the Korean is for “let’s stuff everything we can into a phone and ram it up Apple’s jacksie” but it’s a fair bet the phrase was used at the inception of the Galaxy Note 2'

:D

Soldato
Anyone know about Orange having this for upgrades yet?

I was going to cancel now I have a Three contract, but recent events are changing my mind and I can upgrade from 8th Oct.

I assume the Orange Wallet wouldn't work, as it's specifically for the S3?

Soldato
orange not sure themselves though someone said that orange will have them in for the 15th october but there is no info yet on plans/pricing

im also waiting for orange

Soldato
I know no one knows for sure but is the general thought 4G Note II’s will only be available via “EE”. I’d ideally like a 4G version (for future proofing and added add on sale value) but am not in a city and won’t get 4G for some time (I’ll probably have a new phone by the time I get 4G).

I’d like 4G phone on a 3G contract, but I guess that won’t be possible for a long time yet?
(I don’t want to get a 3G phone now and the 4G’s become the “norm” next month)

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom