What game has the best graphics?

Soldato
crysis 1 and call of juarez 2 has some great graphical moments

What was that Crysis mod, real crysis was it? That was meant to make Crysis look even better... To be honest, Crysis is still one game that can bring most systems to its knees if you crank it up.. One game that looks good even at medium settings..

Soldato
Man, it's hard to please a lot of people these days :)

I come from the Atari 2600/C64/Amiga/NES/SNES generation and can remember the WOW look at N64/PS1 graphics moments.

Often, me and my friends remark on how we'd feel looking at today's games through the eyes of our 15 year old selves. Wow wouldn't be the word.

Soldato
Res evil 1 is/was brilliant. Always wanted to play the gamecube revamp.

That dog through the window is still the biggest jump scare ever in my experience. I got a friend good with that one :D

Soldato
Res evil 1 is/was brilliant. Always wanted to play the gamecube revamp.

That dog through the window is still the biggest jump scare ever in my experience. I got a friend good with that one :D

REmake is horrible, there is a part where you have to go on the balcony above the fireplace dining room with the grandfather clock, to take on the two Cerberus and the super key holding mega ultra super Cerberus Arcade Edition 2012 to progress, every single time I get there I have next to no ammo. :p

Soldato
IMO Crysis is one of those games that is purely eye candy, but no real gameplay. I completed the first one twice, got halfway through the expansion and never even started 2.

Soldato
Arma 2, all maxed out (200% resolution, 8xAA, FXAA, 16AF, 10k view distance, all very high), can be quite the looker, especially from the air.
A modded Stalker, also looks great, Just Cause 2 it's nice, Metro but without the DoF which can blur some textures, Il 2 CoD, Crysis and Warhead, MP 3, TW 2, Skyrim/Oblivion/Morrowind with modds and so on.

Most of those games give "something beautiful" through their graphics, from some, a melancholic feeling of some sort - Stalker, Arma2, perhaps Witcher 2 combined with it's very good story line and characters.

Truly next gen games we will see soon I hope. Watch Dogs should be one of them, Good Samaritan should also give an approximation on what games will look in the future.

PS> Arma 3 is definitely a game to keep an eye for. PC only with great lighting system and graphics - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIwfS8uJJIk

Soldato
Personally I think it takes mods to get the best out of some game engines, some vanilla engines are very good but once a modder has played around with it, it can look 100% times better.

I'd suggest any of these:

Battlefield 3
GTA 4 with the L3VO ENB Mod
Crysis 1 with the Real Lifesis Mod
Crysis 2 with the Blackfire and Malhdo Mods
Mirrors Edge
Metro 2033
Mass Effect series ( ME3 is best visually)
Hard Reset
Just Cause 2 (epic scenery)
Deus Ex HR
Portal 2

Theres so many, but out of the above IMO I'd say modded Crysis 1, modded GTA 4 and Metro 2033.

Obviously all these probably need to be on max settings to get the best visuals, which also means youre gonna need a decent gfx card, I'd suggest something more meaty than your MSI GTX 560ti to get it running smoothly and looking the dogs dangleys. With Nvidia maybe something like a 670 or 680. As for ATI, no idea, Im an Nvidia fanboy.

Last edited:
Soldato
why do people say bf3? Its washed out to **** and unimpressive imo. Skyrim modded makes me think wow look that that and so does DCS A-10, Metro 2033 is also one of my favourites and Shogun 2 for its unit detaill

Soldato
I would say try the PC version of Dragon Age, the first one. Yes, it's not got the best graphics and is actually fairly dated. But the atmosphere the guys have created with the engine blows me away everytime. You really feel the areas, such as dense forests, or crowded cities. Something the console version did not have at all! I played it on the 360 to start with then played it on the PC this year for a replay.

I was blown away, felt like a new game and it really dragged me into the world.

Back
Top Bottom