Is it Monday yet????
Is it Monday yet????
Is it Monday yet????
Is it Monday yet????
Is it Monday yet????
Is it Monday yet????
Is it Monday yet????

Soldato
Ha I feel less of a loser knowing I'm not the only one constantly checking this thread. I went in to the local shopping centre tonight after work and had a play on one in CPW (my god I want one now) They also had the Grey next to the White and it looks so much more nicer and professional. Now all I have to do is wait for the EE deals and keep a quick tab on the Nexus phone thread incase that piques my interest but I doubt it will now.

kbc

kbc

Associate
Apologies if this has been asked before, but will the LTE version of this support the 800MHz / 2600MHz band? I ask this as O2 and Voda will be offering their 4G network on this spectrum...

Associate
Seems that mobilephonesdirect have messed my order up, i've got a note 2 for £9 with a monthly cost of just £9.17 (exc VAT).#

Also i'm having problems setting a wallpaper, on my S2 it was set in landscape, whereas this is set in portrait. So whenever i use the wallpapers from my S2 (even the high res ones), they look terrible and zoomed in/out of focus.

Last edited:
Soldato
I must check this thread every half hour. I want this phone so much haha. Still can't decide on colour and I'm trying to hold out for 32gb models. Probably going to SIM free & then use a three or virgin unlimited data sim. Whack in a couple thousand texts and 2-300 minutes and we're golden. Sigh..

Toyed with a friends Note 1 some more today and it just made my mind up for me. Phablets are the way to go.

You might be disappointed to know Virgin's fair usage policy. Basically, anything they describe as Unlimited is a bare-faced lie:
Our Fair Use Policies
Our Fair Use Policies for Pay Monthly customers that connected before 25 June 2012:

Unlimited texts are subject to a fair use allowance of 3000 texts per month. If your usage exceeds this amount then we reserve the right to charge you for the excessive element of your usage at the text rate for other mobile networks for your tariff outlined in our Tariff Table. Use is within the UK and is for your personal, non-commercial use only. It doesn't include texts to shortcode services, group text, or picture messages and any of these uses will be charged at the text rate for other mobile networks for your tariff outlined in our Tariff Table.

Unlimited Virgin minutes are subject to a fair use allowance of 3000 minutes per month. If your usage exceeds this amount then we reserve the right to charge you for the excessive element of your usage at the rate for calls to other mobile networks for your tariff outlined in our Tariff Table. Use is only for UK originating calls from the eligible Virgin Media phone to other Virgin Media phones in the UK. All other call types will be charged at the rates indicated in the Tariff Table and are not included in the free allowance of minutes. Minutes are for your personal, non-commercial use only.

Unlimited mobile internet is subject to a fair use allowance of 1GB per month. If your usage exceeds this amount then we reserve the right to charge you for the excessive element of your usage at the daily rate for your tariff outlined in our Tariff Table. Unlimited use is within the UK and is for your personal, non-commercial use only. It doesn't include making internet phone or video calls, peer to peer file sharing, using your phone as a modem, or while you are abroad and any of these uses will be charged at the daily rate for your tariff outlined in our Tariff Table.

Unlimited Blackberry emails/Messenger/Apps/Web Access are subject to a fair use allowance of 50MB per day. This allowance also includes use of BlackBerry Messenger, BlackBerry Apps, and Internet Browsing via the BlackBerry browser. If your usage exceeds this amount then we reserve the right to charge you for the excessive element of your usage at the per MB data rate for your tariff outlined in our Tariff Table. Unlimited use is within the UK and is for your personal, non-commercial use only.

Unlimited Mobile internet for daily use: We'll monitor how much mobile internet you use each month so that we can protect the network we use for all of our customers. If we consider your use to be excessive, we won't charge you any more, but we may restrict your access to the mobile web depending on how often and how excessive we think your usage is. As a rule of thumb, we are likely to consider any usage over 1GB per month to be excessive. Use is within the UK and is for your personal, non-commercial use only. It doesn't include making internet phone or video calls, peer to peer file sharing, using your phone as a modem, or while you are abroad.

Not only do they have crazy low limits, unlike other providers they have made the.. interesting.. decision of charging you at their standard rate for anything over their FUP rather than either contacting you, restricting access or renaming their policy to something other than unlimited.

Edit: that quote appears to be for policies taken out before June 2012. If anyone can find a fair usage policy for after that, please link to it :p

Last edited:
Associate
Ha I feel less of a loser knowing I'm not the only one constantly checking this thread. I went in to the local shopping centre tonight after work and had a play on one in CPW (my god I want one now) They also had the Grey next to the White and it looks so much more nicer and professional. Now all I have to do is wait for the EE deals and keep a quick tab on the Nexus phone thread incase that piques my interest but I doubt it will now.

Haha same, I went into CPW. They only had the white one, played around with it for 10 ish minutes. Really would like a 32GB one. 4g would be a bonus too. But that'll mean I'll have to switch to Orange / T-mobile. Will get information any day now since the 4g version is officially being released on the 15th through EE.

Associate
You might be disappointed to know Virgin's fair usage policy. Basically, anything they describe as Unlimited is a bare-faced lie:
Our Fair Use Policies
Our Fair Use Policies for Pay Monthly customers that connected before 25 June 2012:

Unlimited texts are subject to a fair use allowance of 3000 texts per month. If your usage exceeds this amount then we reserve the right to charge you for the excessive element of your usage at the text rate for other mobile networks for your tariff outlined in our Tariff Table. Use is within the UK and is for your personal, non-commercial use only. It doesn't include texts to shortcode services, group text, or picture messages and any of these uses will be charged at the text rate for other mobile networks for your tariff outlined in our Tariff Table.

Unlimited Virgin minutes are subject to a fair use allowance of 3000 minutes per month. If your usage exceeds this amount then we reserve the right to charge you for the excessive element of your usage at the rate for calls to other mobile networks for your tariff outlined in our Tariff Table. Use is only for UK originating calls from the eligible Virgin Media phone to other Virgin Media phones in the UK. All other call types will be charged at the rates indicated in the Tariff Table and are not included in the free allowance of minutes. Minutes are for your personal, non-commercial use only.

Unlimited mobile internet is subject to a fair use allowance of 1GB per month. If your usage exceeds this amount then we reserve the right to charge you for the excessive element of your usage at the daily rate for your tariff outlined in our Tariff Table. Unlimited use is within the UK and is for your personal, non-commercial use only. It doesn't include making internet phone or video calls, peer to peer file sharing, using your phone as a modem, or while you are abroad and any of these uses will be charged at the daily rate for your tariff outlined in our Tariff Table.

Unlimited Blackberry emails/Messenger/Apps/Web Access are subject to a fair use allowance of 50MB per day. This allowance also includes use of BlackBerry Messenger, BlackBerry Apps, and Internet Browsing via the BlackBerry browser. If your usage exceeds this amount then we reserve the right to charge you for the excessive element of your usage at the per MB data rate for your tariff outlined in our Tariff Table. Unlimited use is within the UK and is for your personal, non-commercial use only.

Unlimited Mobile internet for daily use: We'll monitor how much mobile internet you use each month so that we can protect the network we use for all of our customers. If we consider your use to be excessive, we won't charge you any more, but we may restrict your access to the mobile web depending on how often and how excessive we think your usage is. As a rule of thumb, we are likely to consider any usage over 1GB per month to be excessive. Use is within the UK and is for your personal, non-commercial use only. It doesn't include making internet phone or video calls, peer to peer file sharing, using your phone as a modem, or while you are abroad.

Not only do they have crazy low limits, unlike other providers they have made the.. interesting.. decision of charging you at their standard rate for anything over their FUP rather than either contacting you, restricting access or renaming their policy to something other than unlimited.

Edit: that quote appears to be for policies taken out before June 2012. If anyone can find a fair usage policy for after that, please link to it :p

Thanks for this. Alarming... my dad has a sim from them with "unlim" data unlim text unlim calls for £17.50 on an S2 and can tether, skype etc all included... but he does have the 1gb usage limit I believe (just never gets there).

It might just be back to T-Mobile contract then for truly unlimited data and tethering :p. Gah, stupid contracts.

Deleted member 2277

D

Deleted member 2277

I got my grey note 2 today from handtec and its much better looking than white in my opinion.

Glad I sold the white.

Incidently this is my third galaxy note 2 since Sunday!

Lol, I ordered the grey, but after seeing the white and grey next to each other I've cancelled the grey and ordered the white, I thought the grey looked boring and tacky, the white looked a classier product.

I also think there is far more choice of cases with the white note 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
It might just be back to T-Mobile contract then for truly unlimited data and tethering :p. Gah, stupid contracts.

Unfortunately, while there's a few places like T-mobile that do unlimited internet, they don't include tethering. Three with the One Plan (or a £5 bolt on) is the only place allowing both tethering and unlimited internet :/

Whether T-mobile etc are able to detect tethering is a whole other question though..

Soldato
Wel, I have had it overnight and can safely say I sm well impressed. It doesnt feel too big and with my man hands feels about right, certainly more comfortable than anything like a 7in tablet etc. Have yet to have it lag at anything, or throw a crash in - which is just great. I do miss the htc browser resize and opera looks a little funny on fb etc but landscape browsing is the answer thus far.

The biggest surprise was my missus, devoted iSheep and currently filing to have Steve Jobs posthumous ly added to her birth certificate under 'father'. She really liked it, to the point of considering one herself.

Three wirds...buy buy buy!!

Soldato
I'm writing this message on my Note 1 with brightness set to minimum AND a 50% screen filter on to make it even dimmer, and it's still burning a hole in my retinas. So my question for you nighttime phone users, how dim does the note 2 go?

Soldato
Going to physically see one at the weekend, going to get one, but trying my best to hold off until the 4G prices go up…not that it matters as I can’t get 4G where I live, but would (if the price is right) rather get a 4G phone on a 3G contract, although I doubt this will make any financial sense unless 3rd parties get the 4G phone…

(Like so many others I'm checking this thread every 10 mins in the hope someone has a crystal ball!)

Back
Top Bottom