*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Soldato
^^^ What the hell?!

I called T-mobile today to try and arrange a 4G note, and was told flat out that they have no pricing for the Note2, and that they won't be able to disclose any pricing until the phone is released on October 15th! :confused:

I've had two contracts with them for 2 years, and another one for 2yrs before that, so it's not due to a lack of loyalty.

Things like this make me consider jumping ship.

My chance to get one with sisters contract fell through as couldnt get unlocked ones on contract anywhere and she couldnt wait longer for phone, so a bit gutted.

But she has been with t-mobile for ages and has 7.50 odd of loyalty discounts at mo, t-mobile made no effort to retain her at all. All she wanted was s3 and they would only offer her it on the full monty. I had the same with them after my 2 year contract which is why i moved to 3. T-mob can f off as far as i am concerned lol.

Soldato
daaaaaaaamnnnnnnnn hot!.....

gsmarena_002.jpg

Associate
I have not even touched the Nexus 7 since getting my rMBP and Note 2. I will be selling the Nexus next week. The Note 2 is so close to the Nexus 7 and faster that there is no need for the Nexus.

Thanks for the heads up.. I still really want a tablet. I probably jumped the gun saying I was definitely getting a Nexus 7 anyway, I may pop some money down on a good windows 8 tablet when they're all out... I just want all three tbh. Means more battery life on the go. And I spend a lot of time on the go :p.

I also think I'll wait until the 15th to throw my money at a Note 2, and will get a 4G one direct from T-Mobile. Hopefully they'll offer me some sort of loyalty discount (meaning I'll push for one on the phone), as my current contract is up end November and I'll just buy my way out for a Note 2. This means another week spent phone-less (currently using a cheap Nokia X2-00... horrible cheap old phone, but man does the two-week, solid-usage battery feel good).

Last edited:
Tea Drinker
Don
Impatience got the better of me with my MPD order as they confirmed no stock of the grey till next Thursday, went looking online and CPW say in stock at my local branch.

£37 pm x 24
Unlimited calls
Unlimited texts
1 gb data
2 gb wifi data
£39.99 for the phone

Will be in the store tomorrow and upgraded through Vodafone so no PAC codes or messing around.

Interestingly CPW said MPD are part their group which seems odd MPD can't offer the handset.

Associate
My iPhone 4 is up for renewal at the end of November and I'm seriously considering getting a Note II.

I've heard that despite the big screen the battery life is meant to be 2x better than the iPhone 4? Can anyone confirm this?

My main concern is that I've never had an Android phone so it will be something new for me.

Had a quick play with one in Phones4u today and the stylus is awesome. I want to know how it detects that the stylus is hovering over the screen as the pen isn't powered in any way as far as I'm aware? Pretty cool nonetheless.

Soldato
GSMArena battery life tests really aren't very good.
It's good enough as an indicator of general batteylife.

73h doesn't mean anything to me - but shows that it has relatively awesome batterylife.

I was looking at their full chart for the battery review and was surprised how highly the iPhone 5 scored - Everyone I know with one often comments firstly on how poor the battery life is?

There are load of different people out there with different use-case scenarios...who know's how they use their phone.

Last edited:
Associate
My iPhone 4 is up for renewal at the end of November and I'm seriously considering getting a Note II.

I've heard that despite the big screen the battery life is meant to be 2x better than the iPhone 4? Can anyone confirm this?

My main concern is that I've never had an Android phone so it will be something new for me.

Had a quick play with one in Phones4u today and the stylus is awesome. I want to know how it detects that the stylus is hovering over the screen as the pen isn't powered in any way as far as I'm aware? Pretty cool nonetheless.

That's the route I've taken and I had to answer the iPhone today as both are connected at the moment and it was very strange, how the heck did I ever use such a small screen. I couldn't see anything and had to zoom everything just to read it.

My one bug bear is that I can't seem to find a mail client that can zoom out fully on an email so that you can see it all, they always seem to expect the screen to be 100 pixels wider and the email always has some scroll. Hate this at the moment. Plus emails start zoomed in, they should be out by default grrrr (or at least let me change it)

Associate
It's good enough as an indicator of general batteylife.

73h doesn't mean anything to me - but shows that it has relatively awesome batterylife.

There are load of different people out there with different use-case scenarios...who know's how they use their phone.

I should have clarified, this was from people who had owned an I phone 4 or 4s, so their usage patterns are somewhat irrelevant. Maybe they just have GPS on all the time when someone more knowledgeable had turned it off for them on their last phones!

Soldato
My one bug bear is that I can't seem to find a mail client that can zoom out fully on an email so that you can see it all, they always seem to expect the screen to be 100 pixels wider and the email always has some scroll. Hate this at the moment. Plus emails start zoomed in, they should be out by default grrrr (or at least let me change it)

For which client? I finally found a decent Hotmail one.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hotmail.Z7

Not found one yet for Gmail but still looking, i'll let you know if i find something

Back
Top Bottom