*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Associate
Soldato
I have a work account effectively gmail and personal on yahoo so really want a unified inbox which the inbuilt mail app has. just wish I could change background colour to a lighter shade and zoom out more.

Is the gmail app any better? As you can get gmail to check your other email accounts.

Associate
Do you think its worth waiting for the 4g Note II and going with EE?

I have been thoroughly impressed with Three's reception around where i work and live. Streaming netflix and youtube without missing a beat 90% of time on my iPhone 4.

I've been offered the 3g Note II, now through work (no 4g as it has to be with Three), then maybe grabbing a 4g phone in april/may next year for myself if 4g really is the business, on EE or any another 4g network.

Anyone know when Three would be 4g capable?

Transmission breaker
Don
Got told my user trial ended today! So finally I can talk about the NoteII i have been testing for the last month :D
Really enjoyed using it. Still got it now, its a white 4G version, running on 3 at the moment.
Really great device, almost moved me away from Windows Phone!!

Associate
More info please

Could you lucky people who have the Note II already give a bit more detail of what's on the phone please.

A couple of specifics:

1. Has it got Google Now? (If so, does it work properly in the UK?)

2. Have Samsung retained Swype on this device? (I use it all the time on my SGS2)

Sam

Transmission breaker
Don
Could you lucky people who have the Note II already give a bit more detail of what's on the phone please.

A couple of specifics:

1. Has it got Google Now? (If so, does it work properly in the UK?)

2. Have Samsung retained Swype on this device? (I use it all the time on my SGS2)

Sam

1 - It is an available app, i think, just checked, seemed to be :)

2 - It now has "continuous input" which is the same thing :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Any news of the 32GB/64GB version?

Since I missed the buymobilephones.net offer from this morning, I am even more determined to wait for the 32GB version. Unless I suppose an even better offer pops up but I reckon unlimited everything @ £36 per month with free handset won't be bettered for a while.

Associate
And does the "vanilla" Note2 support those two bands either? I have seen nothing to suggest that it does...

That was my thinking too, but then will the LTE version work with the 800MHz and 2.6GHz bands either? Basically meaning, get the
  • 3g Note II - use it with everyone
  • 4g LTE Note II - use it with one, possibly two networks EE ( now) & Three (next september)

I think I'm swaying towards the 'regular' 3g Note II at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom