*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Soldato
Galaxy note 2 LTE is listed on the T mobile check it out.

£36.00 24 months 2000 mins
Unlimited T-Mobile talk, texts and data on your phone
£129.00 handset price
Use quidco to claim £120 (£120 for "24 month handset contracts £36 a month and over")

Interesting... Doesn't sound too bad.

Associate
I rang T mobile and they told me the phone is not in stock and the site is just to show prices and pre order it til it releases on the 15th.

Soldato
Well I called T-mobile again...

Despite the fact that the prices are listed on their website, the guy said that they have no pricing information for this phone :confused:

I asked about the deals available to existing T-mobile customers - he said that the only offer he can make me is the one that's on the website, and that my T-mobile loyalty bonus would not carry over... That's pretty crappy in my book.

I'd actually take the £36pm + £129 full monty deal from the website, if I could be sure the Quidco £120 cashback offer was valid. Reading around the web though, it seems that over 40% of quidco transactions never get refunded(?!), and that there is no recourse to claim when the refund is not given. All seems highly shady...

Associate
I'd actually take the £36pm + £129 full monty deal from the website, if I could be sure the Quidco £120 cashback offer was valid. Reading around the web though, it seems that over 40% of quidco transactions never get refunded(?!), and that there is no recourse to claim when the refund is not given. All seems highly shady...

Where have you read that?I've never had any Quidco issues personally

Soldato
Where have you read that?I've never had any Quidco issues personally

Moneysaving expert:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/shopping/2010/08/over-40-of-cashback-site-users-dont-get-paid

I'm actually kind of annoyed at T-mobile... When I was on the phone to them I mentioned third party deals. The guy said "those deals are only for new customers. If you want to keep your number, your only choice is to buy the upgrade package from us through our website". Apparently they cannot transfer a number within the same network :)confused:)

But why should a new customer be offered a better deal than an existing customer? And why should upgrading "wipe out my loyalty bonus"? Are they actively trying to get rid of their customers?

Associate
I went for a new customer deal at 3 because the upgrade deal was worse than new plus £101 cashback through quidco!

My friends and work colleagues can deal with a new number lol.

The one plan for 24 months £69 upfront with £36 per month and £101 cashback which has been confirmed already. Bingo.

Soldato
If you want to keep your number, your only choice is to buy the upgrade package from us through our website". Apparently they cannot transfer a number within the same network :)confused:)

get a puk code or whatever it is called.
by pay as you go card and transfer number to it
get a new contract with tmobile and then ask them to transfer number from p&g to tmobile.done and done :)

Associate
Moneysaving expert:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/shopping/2010/08/over-40-of-cashback-site-users-dont-get-paid

I'm actually kind of annoyed at T-mobile... When I was on the phone to them I mentioned third party deals. The guy said "those deals are only for new customers. If you want to keep your number, your only choice is to buy the upgrade package from us through our website". Apparently they cannot transfer a number within the same network :)confused:)

But why should a new customer be offered a better deal than an existing customer? And why should upgrading "wipe out my loyalty bonus"? Are they actively trying to get rid of their customers?

That's a bit of an old article now but still quite interesting. I've never had any problems and I'm sure there's many people who use them successfully. Personally I use a different browser for cash back stuff to ensure nothing interferes with the process :p

Vodafone let you transfer a paygo number to contract, so last time I moved my number I wanted to keep onto paygo on Vodafone then bought a new contract on Vodafone via a 3rd party and as soon as that went through I transferred my number from the paygo to contract.

Soldato
Never had any problems with quidco either but check this out. My mate text me today saying he has the Note II. I've just been to see it, it is so so smooth and fast. I only played on it for about 10 minutes but the screen is exceptional and the multi-tasking is a massive leap forward. I cannot wait to get it.

Guess how much he got it for? £320 :eek: He walked into phonecity (second hand phone shop in Manchester) and saw they had it for sale for £350, they said it was a week old. He offered them £320 and they took it. It was the white version, boxed, in mint condition but no headphones. Talk about luck? He's now most probably gonna sell it for ~£450 because he wants the LTE version but he's not decided yet, he was after a Note II anyway since he currently owns the original Note.

£320 though? WTF. They only had the one there. I think some idiot must have got it on an upgrade and he didn't even know what it was, and when he received it he must have been shocked by its size and took it to the first shop he could find to sell it. They must have given him £200 or something for it if they were happy to let it go for £320.

Anyway, my search for the 32GB Grey continues...

Soldato
I played with one of these today and it was beyong amazing. The touch input with the stylus is really suprisingly responsive. Looks like it is my next phone if the new Nexus is crappy!

Back
Top Bottom