Homeland

Soldato
Just about to watch series 1 ep 11.

quite liking it so far,good plot and many twist's chucked in.

I know im a bit behind but only just heard of this :)

Soldato
Nice ep (S02e02) - in tags:

I can see Saul keeping this video under wraps for now. IIRC, Brody mentions the drone strikes which Saul was digging into in Series 1 with the CIA director who is trying to keep it buried.... Saul may use this... At most, he may keep a copy or at least pass over a "sanitised" version missing the drone bit out so as not to spook the Director... IMHO of course but I am probably wrong :)

Associate
Episode 2 has made things really interesting now, I loved how they used MPC-HC as well.

I think your right there, although he will eventually have to tell Carrie everything or show her the video as I doubt he will be able to let her keep doubting her self.

Soldato
The missus and I have watched all 14 episodes in about the last week...absolutely brilliant, S01E12...I almost had to take a break, so much pressure, fantastically done and the acting is superb.

If you aren't up to date with what's been broadcast don't read the next bit...

I think Saul will show Carrie the video, it's the proof that she's been right all along which will exonerate her decision making and put her back in the CIA, she's a major character, they can't keep her outside and find reasons for bringing her back each episode. The main problem with that idea is if they do do that then how will the story progress...they would have to pass it up the chain of command, Brody would be arrested and end of story....hmmmmm....

Soldato
The missus and I have watched all 14 episodes in about the last week...absolutely brilliant, S01E12...I almost had to take a break, so much pressure, fantastically done and the acting is superb.

If you aren't up to date with what's been broadcast don't read the next bit...

I think Saul will show Carrie the video, it's the proof that she's been right all along which will exonerate her decision making and put her back in the CIA, she's a major character, they can't keep her outside and find reasons for bringing her back each episode. The main problem with that idea is if they do do that then how will the story progress...they would have to pass it up the chain of command, Brody would be arrested and end of story....hmmmmm....

I don't think he will show her it just now. She is too unstable and is liable to go in all guns blazing which will alert the wrong people. Remember, Saul has had his curiousity piqued in respect to illegal drone strikes in series 1 (one of which killed Abu Nadir's son which is what Brody talks about on the video).

He will want to keep it quiet as long as possible while he digs around. If certain people of the CIA know about it they will shut it down quickly.

He will show her eventually but can he trust her to not "blow up" around it?

Soldato
Watched the entire first series in about 4-5 days a couple of weeks ago as it was something I'd always wanted to watch but had never gotten around to and it fit in perfectly with the start of the new series. Absolutely hooked and can't wait for Mondays now. One thing I can say is that I'm so glad there's no mid-series break like with some American shows, I'd start cutting myself if there was :p.

Associate
Just a wild stab but I'll bet a gold pig that that SD card self destructs once Saul watches it to the end.

Then he'll be the crazy person that no-one believes.

Regarding Ep 2:

I don't think they'll go that far but given that Saul has taken one-step forward, they're definitely going to be doing something that sets him 2 steps back. What if it'll be bigger than that? What if....they kill him off before he gets the word out?

Last edited:
Soldato
People really shouldn't talk about non-UK-aired episodes even in spoiler tags for fear of confusion. I haven't clicked on the spoiler tag as I'm assuming it's regarding Ep 3 but it's not always that obvious (ie most spoiler tags are for things that have already been aired but hidden from people who didn't catch the live showing etc).

Plus the fact that your commenting on it with a spoiler can give things away sometimes!

Back
Top Bottom