SETI@Home News Vol. 184 28th July to 24th September 2012

Associate
I have WUs :D lots and lots!

Bout time :D

But have you got the new GPU yet?

Mine arrived today :D

My puters now look like this:

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/hosts_user.php?userid=8257177 what ya think now Biffa? :D

Hopefully, my RAC will now reach a respectable level :D :D :D

And hopefully, I'll be able to put the 680's to good use if the new Opt App's arrive soon (as promised) ;)

Oh, I might let Reaver keep the no1 spot for a bit (when he eventually gets there.......) as I might turn my attention to GPUGRID for a bit - will help the DC Vault stats as I should be able to net around 5 to 6 million RAC - plus I could let the CPU's loose on CPDN too :D

Last edited:
Soldato

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/hosts_user.php?userid=8257177 what ya think now Biffa? :D

Holy mother of god :eek:

Oh, I might let Reaver keep the no1 spot for a bit (when he eventually gets there.......) as I might turn my attention to GPUGRID for a bit - will help the DC Vault stats as I should be able to net around 5 to 6 million RAC

That would be brilliant, that's the one project where I thought as things are we'd struggle to make an impact.

Soldato

But have you got the new GPU yet?

Mine arrived today :D

Hopefully, my RAC will now reach a respectable level :D :D :D

And hopefully, I'll be able to put the 680's to good use if the new Opt App's arrive soon (as promised) ;)

Oh, I might let Reaver keep the no1 spot for a bit (when he eventually gets there.......) as I might turn my attention to GPUGRID for a bit - will help the DC Vault stats as I should be able to net around 5 to 6 million RAC - plus I could let the CPU's loose on CPDN too :D

Not yet, baby has been ill today so didn't get the chance to head out. Might just order it from OcUK and get it delivered instead.

Man of Honour

What I think now is the same as I have always thought about you loudbob :)

notworthy2.jpg

Associate
Purely for crunching Seti not Folding :)

Yep......

Usually just SETI - but CPU on the Big Rig (skynet with 4 x 680's) has got sidetracked with Cosmology & Docking to assist with DC Vault.

GPU's will soon be let loose on GPUGRID also to help with DC Vault - at least until the new Opt Apps are released for SETI and the work flow becomes a little more stable.

Eventually, they will return to the Fold but shouldn't trouble the top spot although I should be able to net around 300 - 400k RAC :D

Soldato
Mental haha, so much power!

Have got a case and PSU on it's way to me, going to set up a server to remove the NAS meaning an extra CPU to crunch :)

Think i'm going to wait for a 660 to be on a deal before ordering one, every penny helps.

Soldato
hopefully some decent 1155 OEM CPUs on offer tomorrow or a 660

Haven't done this stuff for a while but i'm seriously impressed with the performance of the latest CPUs around, my i3 is churning out a respectable average!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Awesomeness abounds in this news, good to see you back in the saddle Mr Smith, I do so remember the old battles we used to have :)

And loudbob, OMG your rigs are so awesomely setup for gpugrid (and anything else you decide to take an interest in) its just awesome! :D

Associate
Yep, they are :D

Will give it another week or so on the grid and docking, then if the seti opt apps are still not released my attention will shift to folding. I won't be able to match you with your quad socket rigs but i'll be a healthy addition me thinks ;)

Btw: I had to rma one of the GTX 570 classifieds (went to EVGA today) along with a 460. The 570 was under clocked as default and still crapped out on every gpugrid wu, the 460 fan was on its last legs. Hopefully replacements will be here next week. (so I'm not at full tilt yet)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom